The Grand Sultan

Started by Anastasia, November 02, 2018, 05:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"Then we will deal with him should chances permit," Barachiel agrees, "Seira, what of your history with Akil bin Faheem?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"I believe that I am Razalim's rightful owner, and have been making waves about that," Seira responds. "I also happen to think he's the worst, and needs to die. He probably realized that all on his own."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"Well spoken," Vel Custos says, "Or locked up far away."

Meanwhile Barachiel says, "Then we are spoken. For now, rest and prepare how you will."

A chance to do anything or rest until the dinner. Do either of you wish to do anything in that time?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Nothing here. For notes on Charisma, Moore will be using his Marshal Aura to give everyone here a +15 bonus (unless someone feels like flinging some sort of extra divine bonus to charisma his way, of course!) but I'm sure we can lay out all the prep spells when we get there.

Corwin

We can skip ahead. Does Honeydip mind motivating intelligence, btw?

Anastasia

Not in the slightest, Cor.

If you want to lay out precast spells I'd rather do it now, Moore, unless you mean casting them once there.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I already stated my precast spells, they are my 'combat loadout' from here sans per round spells and sans Glorious Rally and Celestial Valor.

Nephrite

Moore's loadout is as follows:

Greater Improvisation: 90 luck points to use on skill checks/saves (5h)
Righteous Halo: +4 Sacred to Charisma (1/day)
Surge of Hope (CL30): +4 morale bonus to attack, saves, skills - 30m
Fortunate Fate (CL19): Heal (150) cast if reduced to 0 or less hit points.
Biblotecha Arcana (CL30): +15 insight to all Knowledge Checks, Scholar's Touch and permanent recollection of information collected with that. (24h)
Superior Resistance (CL30): +6 resistance bonus (24h)
Mind Blank (CL15): Immunity to mind effecting ... effects??

If he could manage it during the talks he'd try and get some bardic music to help out with the skill checks, but if he's not able to actually do that without it being totally obvious then he won't bother.

And if someone has something they can give him to boost Charisma that isn't sacred or enhancement, he'll take it.

Anastasia

Nothing really long term at the moment unless Seira has anything. Ready to go in that case?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Nephrite

Anastasia

The dinner hall is big enough for hundreds,  yet it is your party admitted along with the guests here. A massive series of tables all surround a single, elevated high table. Food and drink are laden out for everyone, the smell of it overwhelmingly appealing.

Akil bin Faheem stands nearby and smiles, "My friends," he greets, a gesture towards all of you while his other hand strokes the hilt of Razalim, "Welcome."

At the high table are others. An efreet sits there, tall and well build, wearing a military uniform. He's broad and bulky, the sort that suggests muscle built up over the years through hard work. He sips from a goblet, relaxed.

The next is a fallen, a fallen solar in particular. His six wings are blackened and burnt, sitting upright and in beautiful armor of a pale red. Full armor save for a helmet, showing his pale white hair and burning eyes of magma. His gaze is already on the group as they enter.

Another efreet is here, a familiar one - Commander Nasir Farhad Madani, dressed in finery of red and white, laughing as he says something to a server passing by.

"This way," Akil says, "Others will be seated after all of you."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Thank you," Seira tells him politely, making her way to the seat arranged for her.

Who are they? K:P 10 for 97 with the +14 from Honeydip.

Nephrite

Take 10 on K:P for 94 to identify the folks! Assuming He can benefit from Honeydip, that is 108.

Moore will follow the decorum set by Seira and Barachiel! He does, at least, look at the others in attendance, and give a particularly icy smile across the table to Nasir.

Anastasia

The tall and well built efreet is Zahir Hamawi, the powerful leader of the Hamawi family. A noble family that has served the Grand Sultan for ages, they are rich and powerful. This one made his bones in the Blood War and then in trading, and finally did well in court intrigues. He's old, respected and canny. Also a fell hand with any weapon and especially wit magic. Not to be crossed lightly, unless you want to leave this life.

The solar is Dustfire, a fallen who serves Eblis. A sadist, he enjoys burning mortals and reducing them to ash. A natural fire mage of great power and skill. While not one of the Sundered Suns, he is nonetheless a servant of Eblis.

Nasir returns that smile with a raise of a goblet towards Moore, as if greeting him.
<Afina> Forever.