News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

The Grand Sultan

Started by Anastasia, November 02, 2018, 05:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"It's true," Seira agrees, making herself comfortable. "I'm not the same person I was back then. My goals have expanded, too, Most Puissant of Hunters."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"So they have, Dragon Princess," The Grand Sultan sits back with a bigger smile, "Our new generation is here, some old and some new, with others to be seen later. So," He gestures, as servants come. The first course is laid out - a thick soup, spiced beef of some kind, smelling strong and surely like fire in your mouths.

"Why do you wage this war you cannot win in, not when Shar runs rampant?" The Grand Sultan asks. "Your timing is abysmal and foolhardy."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Moore lets Seira and Barachiel handle that!

Corwin

"I have waged no war, Your Smoldering Dictatorship," Seira responds easily. "It is certainly true that I had a disagreement with a few devils who happened to be on Fire, yet I took great measures to keep this limited conflict contained to just those involved." Her gaze crosses the gathered dignitaries, lingering just a bit longer over Eblis's representative as she adds, "It is a shame that certain parties tried to challenge me during my business and foolishly insisted on a needless escalation."

Anastasia

Give me Diplo there Seira, let me see how high and deep you stack it.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anastasia

"All of the efreet are under my protection," The Grand Sultan declares.

"As are all of the archons under mine," Barachiel declares right back, a hand gently against the table, a resonating thump that sounds like a bell ringing.

With another stroke of his beard as servants scurry away, the soup course before you, "We understand limited conflicts in times where there are overriding threats. Right now none of our realms need this. We need to focus on the Sharrans. That damnable prophecy looms over us all."

At this Nasir speaks up, "Better us live to fight another day than to all perish and never fight again."

Zahir grunts, "Smarter to face one foe at a time, rather than facing all comters at once."

"So, you want us to put this aside in favor of opposing Shar?" Cerulean Joy's voice is soft, "You believe her to be as serious a threat as Primus proclaims?"

"Worse than you, worse than the hungering slaad, worse than the demons and Demogorgon." The Grand Sultan declares.

Cerulean Joy's gaze turns icy, yet she listens nonetheless.

"I will propose we establish a treaty, to forestall any...needless escalations and disagreements, to prevent limited conflicts." The Grand Sultan says, "We can return to our eternal quarrels once the crisis is past."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Shar is the worst," Seira is quite ready to agree.

"Am I to understand that you already have a draft for this treaty, Grand Sultan?" she asks, trying to soup as she waits for his answer.

Nephrite

Moore is happy enough to hear that answer first!

Anastasia

The soup is remarkably spicy but well seasoned in spite of it, flavors coming through well. It's a rich, beefy taste.

"I have one prepared," The Grand Sultan says, holding up a hand. "You need not reply now, official negotiations begin tomorrow. Consider it, talk amid yourselves."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore has to wonder if any of them are going to breach the subject of slavery or not, but for now does enjoy the stew at the very least.

Corwin

How nice that he is giving them his starting negotiating position! This way Seira doesn't need to go out on a limb by making a counter-proposal blindly.

"Certainly," she agrees. "We can take a look after this delightful meal, in preparation for tomorrow."

Anastasia

As you all sit there and eat, conversation starts. Amid it, Zahir speaks up. "I've had the most success with force magic against Sharran shadows and spectres." His voice is a grunt.

"Holy magic works best, of course," Barachiel agrees, "Force will suffice, but it is not the power that will truly defeat Shar and her minions."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I must respectfully disagree with the two of you," Seira interjects. "Magic is not the answer with Shar, not long-term. I believe Alicia has shown that recently, with her defense of Sylica. Shar's forces must be driven away, yes, with holy power, positive energy, light-based magic, force and ethereal spell being the most suitable for her favored minions. But at the core, Shar is an idea, and it is that aspect of her that must truly be countered."

Nephrite

"Hope is definitely something that Shar can't handle." Moore adds in. "Hope and possibility for a better and brighter tomorrow, those sorts of things she's tried to strip away from any of her followers who just fall into a well of despair."