News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

The Grand Sultan

Started by Anastasia, November 02, 2018, 05:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Cerulean Joy smiles widely at that, "Exactly so," she says, "Shar is an idea, one we have to discredit and stop entirely." She slowly claps her hands together, as if applauding.

Zahir grunts again, "I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about crushing her annoying minions, not what the diplomats do."

At this Akil laughs a little bit, "Ah, you called," he asks as the Grand Sultan looks on, "The idea that fire will burn away oblivion and burn forever is a powerful one. One you would have no quarrel with, Seira. The Crimson Firebrand built the City of Brass around that idea. Fire will burn forever and the City of Brass will be there forever."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

It would be in poor taste to point out that the Crimson Firebrand is no longer the Grand Sultan, so Seira abstains from it.

"I happen to share your belief," Seira tells Akil. "That is the reason behind my research into the fires of creation. It would be interesting to join forces and drive Shar off while restoring life and vigor into all those she touched." Seira sighs, a bit on the theatrical side. "Unfortunately, not all competing ideas are compatible. While the Hells might well succeed with their own, the cost to Creation is simply too terrible to allow them free reign. Enslaving and sacking entire worlds, one after the other? The heavenly realms will never stand for that!"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"That is entirely the point," The Grand Sultan speaks up here, smiling. A sharp thing, a devilish and imposing thing. He looks on over his goblet and adds, "All of our disagreements become meaningless if Shar wins. We can continue arguing them once the board is safe from being destroyed. After all, the Queen can take no pieces when the board is gone."

"On that any but madmen will agree," Elle comments now, pausing from trying the soup. Putting down her spoon and fixing Akil a look, "Your fires and our fires do not burn equally."

"No," Nasir speaks up now, a slight smirk on his lips, "They do not." His gaze turns to Moore at that, long and piercing.

At this Barachiel speaks up, drowning out any response, "Regardless, the underlying point is not wrong. We all have common cause against Shar, no matter how distasteful we may find each other and cooperating."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"And perhaps, in finding this common cause, we might grow to find more? The merchant in me will always seek out mutually-beneficial agreements."

Anastasia

"Naturally," Akil agrees readily, "Doubtless you have your own proposals ready, Seira?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anastasia

Anything else to add right now, Seira? Otherwise I'll wait for Neph to reply and if he has nothing move us along.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I would like to move along, and get a glance at their draft of a proposal.

Nephrite

Anastasia

The rest of the meal passes - opulent to say the least, but ultimately nothing. Over dessert - a dish of sugared and fiery cinnamon rolls, heat felt throughout your body and yet not overwhelming - the Grand Sultan rises. "Lord Barachiel," The Grand Sultan declares, "I would show you the view from the highest tower."

Barachiel rises at that, "Very well." He rises as you hear, 'Seira, as a deity, you are in command while I am gone.'

In that instant the two are gone, as if they were never there. A moment later Akil rises, "A nightcap would serve us all well over a game of Sizaz." His gaze turns on all of you, "Would any of you like to join me?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore decides to wait and see if Seira decides to go for this or not!

Anastasia

Jetina looks over to you, posture growing tense. "Moore," she says, voice barely audible even to your trained ears.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore turns to look at Jetina with a questioning look!

Anastasia

She shoots you a look of concern, but says nothing else.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore just smiles and tilts his head in Seira's direction.