News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

The Realm of Sylica

Started by Anastasia, November 20, 2018, 11:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

I'll put her on Realm Production for now, she can use her magic constructively to help build things and oversee Sylica's current growth phase.

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Update 5

Emmaline reports that wizard-smiths in Sylica have forged a pair of armored boots in tribute and homage, and offer them to you and yours as a gift. Do you accept?

Strength of Light reports that his forces are ready to be inspected before Daun.

Naeys reports that dark omens have spread over Antenora.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

The armoured boots are gratefully accepted.

A herald is sent to Warrior's Rest to invite Red Knight to Sylica for a troop inspection.

Naeys is asked for a bit more clarification on what's threatening Antenora.

Anastasia

Loot post for the boots.

Naeys says they are indistinct, but universally unfavorable. He is attempting to discern more and invites you to try as well as you wish.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Update 6

Marchalu reports that Xelbrek has news that whomever his employer is, he's not a Banite. He caught him in a few doctrinal failures, something no Banite would get wrong.

Marchalu reports that intensifying efforts to patrol the borders have stopped several potential infiltrators. On interrogation, two confess to being directed by Banites.

Ebony reports that several powerful vampires have been roused by Aurora's efforts against the First Vampire, and they are aware of Sylica's aid to the Crusade.

Also, I'd suggest checking over your tasks, see if any need adjusting or changing.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

We'll use our contacts in friendly realms to try and find out if anyone else has had issues with spies and infiltrators that seem to be Banite but on closer inspection are perhaps something else.

Shifting tasks around as follows:

changes:
1. Daun task moved out of training phase, cost increased from 17% to 20% now it no longer has Strength of Light's leadership.
2. Efreet war readiness changed to Abolition war participation, cost increased from 10% to 20% to reflect increased intensity then reduced to 17% by having Strength of Light assume leadership.
3. Realm production reduced from 10% to 5%.
4. Rest reduced from 13% to 8%.

Aurora Crusade against the First Vampire
Leader: Ebony
Task Rank: 21
Task Difficulty: Moderate (10%)
Investment: 10%

Given Aurora's successes on Lifasa, Sylica considers it well worth the effort of maintaining a strong presence there to support its future endeavours and keep it from ever falling into the wrong hands. After the First Vampire is defeated resources may be reallocated depending on what Aurora goes after next, but some level of standing commitment is expected to be maintained indefinitely.

Assist Empress Sulia in defeating Aboleth Empire on Daun
Task Difficulty: Serious (20%)
Investment: 20%

Our force to Daun has only recently been deployed and is currently working closely with Empress Sulia's forces as they get used to the situation on that world and provide reinforcement where needed.

Counter Intelligence, Demipower Scale
Leader: Marchalu
Task Rank: 22
Task Difficulty: Light (5%)(Moderate and 10% for you due to task rank.)
Investment: 10%
Special Note: Xelbrek investigation ongoing.

This represents standing efforts to locate spies from neutral or hostile powers acting within Sylica. When discovered standing doctrine is to subtly marginalise them to reduce what information they can send back to their masters, while adopting conversion efforts with a view to making them into double-agents. Only in cases of dangerous sabotage or the loss of critical information will spies be apprehended.

Friendly Diplomacy
Leader: Hugo
Task Rank: 20
Task Difficulty: Moderate (10%)(Light and 5% for you due to task rank.)
Investment: 5%

While high level contacts are usually done on a deity to deity level by Alicia or Syala, Sylica maintains embassies and friendly contacts all across the upper planes offering succor and support to our followers in other friendly territories and maintaining lines of communication to prevent misunderstandings from turning into grudges.

Reading the Omens
Leader: Naeys
Task Difficulty: Light (5%)
Investment: 5%

Using divination magic, research, and information collated from prayer, rumour, and our own agents abroad, Sylica keeps abreast of current events and tries to predict future ones. This is a combination of intelligence service, research collective, and fortune telling brought together to discern patterns from chaos and keep us from being surprised by unforeseen events.

Abolition War Participation
Leader: Strength of Light
Task Difficulty: Moderate (10%)
Investment: 20% (17% due to Strength of Light's leadership.)

Our forces are now actively taking part in the war to end the Efreet Empire's use of slavery, though are primarily focused on attacking co-belligerents such as Imix, the dao, and devils rather than tackling the efreet directly.

Permanent Tasks

Realm Defense
Task Rank: N/A
Task Difficulty: Custom (Any)
Percentage Used: 22% (+2% bonus until update 8.)

Realm Production
Leader: Emmaline
Task Difficulty: Custom (Any)
Percentage Used: 5%

Rest
Task Difficult: (Any)
Percentage Used: 8%

Anastasia

Done.

Early results say that no, nothing like that is appearing on their radars.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Update 7

Hugo reports that he has been given a basket of rare fruits and seeds during a visit to the House of Nature, including a few new types of fruit trees. What would you like done with them?

Ebony reports that due to operational pauses, some forces can be drawn down from Aurora if needed. If taken, this would free up 3% for 3 turns. She also reports that a mighty shield has been taken as plunder, and you are welcome to take it as tribute if you want it.

Strength of Light notes that once the Abolition War has concluded fully, that he suggests restructuring to focus on the efforts on Daun.

<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Syala can find a good spot to plant the seeds and the fruits will make for a nice snack.

We'll take the draw-down from Aurora and add 3% to Rest since we've been pretty full on. Since no one major here uses shields apart from Latha and she has her tarrasque one, it's suggested Ebony give the shield to someone on the Aurora task force who's stood out enough to warrant the reward and can use it.

We'll maintain our current abolition war commitment in case of treaty violations and for general peacekeeping/responsiveness for the moment, once things settle more we can restructure that.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, before the realm update the Abolition War has wound down. Does this change your deployments?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Yes, remove that task and put Strength of Light in charge of Realm Defence, reducing its allotment by 3% to make up for the bonus he grants.

This gives us 20% which I'd like to put into a new task 'Expose Malcanthet's Plans' which will be using spying/diplomacy/exploration to find bases and operations connected to Malcanthet that are outside of the Abyss so that we can go wreck them up.

Anastasia

Done. Check it over and make sure everything looks good before I go on.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Note the +3% bonus realm defence gets from Strength of Light.

Also description for Expose Malcanthet's Plans: Use intelligence gathering assets, diplomatic contacts, and on the ground reconnaissance to locate operations belonging to Malcanthet outside of the Abyss.