News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

The Realm of the Cauldron

Started by Anastasia, November 20, 2018, 11:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 30, 2020, 03:32:49 PMOkay. Let's see if I can clarify this!
First, I've researched Elemental Harmony (which gave me the eponymous template). I've proceeded towards All Elemental Research (which allowed me to create a second All-Elemental like Omni and I now have the process for it) and towards Prismatic Research (which gave me the prismatic dragon template). Finally, I've focused on Behemoth Studies (which allowed me to create several Behemoth creatures) and Mixing Energy and Harmony.

So what's Mixing Energy and Harmony? Your writeup is:
Another task you've made deep inroads in, time to bring it together and figure out more secrets of all elementals.

I envision the prismatic dragon and elemental harmony templates as basically two branches from the same research goal which reached two different ends. One is suitable for elementals, while another for dragons. In that case, I envision the mixing project as finding a way to boost the elemental harmony template with positive energy (from our understanding of Behemoths).

That leads us to the Elemental Improvement Project, which is what I envision being the project that augments all of the Cauldron's population of elementals. At a bare minimum, they'd all acquire the basic template. At a happy middle ground, they would acquire the basic template and also randomly produde 'leaders' who are All-Elementals or otherwise boosted beyond the norm. At its best expression, the previous task of Mixing Energy and Harmony would allow me to improve on the Elemental Harmony template for the purpose of using it on elementals (or at all, your call) and make them better, where randomly 'leaders' like All-Elementals and Behemoths are produced amongst my elementals.

One thing I'd like to see is that once this project is completed, any fresh elementals that are created at the Cauldron will be augmented in this way.

Okay cool, we're about on the same page there.

It's not impossible to make leaders like that with what you've done here, and most of this is fairly on the ball for what you want.

QuoteTo glance up at what's written above, I do indeed have a template for prismatic dragons. I also have an IC program of converting more dragons past the first three volunteers into prismatics with Sanzha's help. But since I consider it a sister process to the elemental harmony one, I figured there's no harm in having a sister Realm task that automates it in the background, and converts all our dragons with the prismatic dragon template. Since it's conceivable a local dragon might desire a different path, 'all' in this context refers to the group formerly known as Astral Reds who signed a contract with me for this explicit purpose and now follow me, residing on the slopes of the Cauldron's volcano, and any other resident dragon who is interested.

Okay, I see what you meant now.

QuoteA point of clarification. Does the completion of the project mean we're super good at discovering the candidates, or that we are now able to provide fantasy gene therapy to use a larger pool of potential candidates? And, presumably, can the process be used for anything other than an animal safely, assuming they qualify as a candidate? Elemental, dragon, elf?

You've got a good grip on the identification of candidates, as good as you can under the circumstances. It's still low results simply because of the circumstances around it, but you've improved it. You might be able to manage it on non animals now - of course, a miss is going to result in death, so testing it has that as an innate problem.

QuoteI actually thought you wanted me to do it right away. I can hold off on it a bit if you like, although I thought it fit the arc's goals.

It does have relevance, but I do want to deal with other things before going off and running a big adventure like that. I don't want needed development and focus time to be brushed aside in favor of a multi week adventure that could possibly run longer for all we know.

QuotePrecisely. That's my idea of checks and balances on them. If they meddle in the affairs of a Prime, I want to know about it and have people there to shut it down.

Sure, added a task for that.

QuoteThis is also a good chance to develop my intelligence network further. I've got a really big planar trade hub going, and Donald is a decent spymaster. I want to leverage that into something better-defined, and I wouldn't mind if we got an intelligence/counterintelligence-based leader.

So noted, sure.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Realm adjusted for the second post and fully up to date at 100/100 now.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 30, 2020, 03:42:45 PMWe've discussed this. It is my understanding that keeping this x1 rather than x5, say, could mean it'd just take longer rather than mean that the final outcome is not as good. Would that be correct? If not, I'll dump more resources into this, since it's the culmination of 70% of all my research the entire game.

Basically. It never hurts to add more resources though.

QuotePlease give me a spymaster leader!

Yeah, that's in the cards, moreso because Donald probably has to step away from that more due to his new duties.

QuoteI know this isn't explicitly related to his bonus as stated, but living metal is his main thing!

Fair enough.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Update 12

Berry Crownsguard alerts you that gith trade has recently sputtered. While this may merely be the normal ebb and flow of trade, in these times it is best not to take things for granted.

Xera reports that analysis of your trip into the Iron Tower continues. She requests permission to potentially use a few fragments of information as trade bait should the opportunity present itself.

Valar's next message discusses that Aurora prepares for more operations. While the coming efforts on Shadow limit this, any further forces before that would be appreciated.

Omni's efforts in elemental balance continue and they have accidentally created a magical item in these efforts. Are you interested in it?

Yandrazrt notes that he recently found a source of crystalvein. The source is willing to sell - or perhaps he could try and learn how he got such a precious material. This may be risky.

Vayley reports that Bytopia likely has new and interesting options for cuisine. Extra resources to explore this may be fruitful, or at least appreciated at dinnertime.

Na'lith informs you that efforts to train in Bytopia seem to be more productive than in other areas. This has bolstered your army's readiness.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Do we have anyone suitable to investigate the Gith?

Xera

We'll double Valar's forces to 20%, taking 5% from Realm Defense since Na'lith is doing well there and 5% from Gith Trade since it dried up.

I'm always interested in Omni's research and in new magic items.

I'm unclear how Yandrazrt pursuing the knowledge is risky, and require him to elaborate first.

How go the uplifting efforts? Vayley's budget and any spying on the gith depend on this.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

I'll answer the Yandrazrt question first in case it affects the rest:

Yandrazrt: Someone who is capable of getting their hands on crystalvein may have gotten it from the source. They're either lucky as Tymora or strong enough to endure Tor Salinus if that's true. Either way that's someone who could well be dangerous, more if they resent someone being nosy.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Check to see if it's Tiamat, since she literally just contacted me about it. Inany case, permission to find out the information, since it'd be more worthwhile than the material for our goals.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake