Io's Labyrinth

Started by Anastasia, December 12, 2018, 12:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

"Greetings," Alicia says to the not-dragon looking warrior as she steps closer.

Anastasia

The warrior bows to all of you deeply. "Welcome. Ahead lies the path to Io. At least one key will open the way."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"So there's more than one key spread around these parts?" Seira inquires. "Is there any merit to going towards Io now rather than after exploring the rest?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"The keys that you present to me will matter," The knight says, "What they are and what they came from. What properties shall unlock the way towards Io?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Is there advantage to presenting multiple keys then?" Alicia asks.

Corwin

Seira nods slowly. "So the merit lies in gathering as many keys as possible? It will show... we have stronger potential, or something of the sort?"

Anastasia

"Yes, and which keys you use says the same," The knight concurs.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"We shall return, then. Any other advice?"

Anastasia

"Learn and grow, for Io always approves of such efforts," The knight declares.

Jetina adds, "He's made it obvious, too. We're gaining much by exploring this maze."

"Better manners than most dragons," Oberuth says, "At least this lair has rewards and deathtraps instead of just deathtraps."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Time to explore every inch of this place! Seira heads back!

Ebiris

"If you go into someone's home looking for treasure you should expect them to provide deathtraps," Alicia opines. "Lets go try that other teleporter we found earlier then?" she backtracks off in that direction to go where she'd sent that summoned deva before.

Anastasia

As you walk back, "More importantly, we're in this for the long haul now," Oberuth says, "How are we all doing on resources, especially spellcasters?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I'm fine." Moore says. "I can't go all out with every one of my songs, but I can keep the important ones up for the foreseeable future."

Corwin

"In a few minutes I'll need to recast my strongest spells, and then we would be good for another half hour," Seira responds to Oberuth. "While facing them individually, many of these dragons would be a worthy opponent to me, to our group they are nothing."

Ebiris

"I'm at the point of having to hold myself back a little from my strongest magic to save it for emergencies," Alicia admits. "But I have ample reserves of more middling magic and can still fight just fine."

More middling magic to her is of course what mortal archmages dream of, but those are the standards they work with now.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Alicia: 696/696
Active spells: Extended nondetection (CL 33, 65hrs), extended repelling shield (CL 33, 43m), keen edge (CL 32, 298m), sensual blessing (CL 32, 10m), vision of the omniscient eye (CL 32, 10m), greater heroism (CL 32, 10m), death ward (CL 32, 10m), extended ray deflection (CL 33, 44m), divine insight (CL 32, 32hrs), foresight (CL 32, 307m), dance of the unicorn (CL 32, 19m), recitation (CL 32, 3m), greater visage of the deity (CL 32, 3m), ghost touch weapon (CL 32, 22m), many moments of prescience (CL 32, 32 hrs)
Defences: AC 79 (touch 40), CMD 105 spell resistance 47, status immunity (dazzled, blinding, polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear), energy immunity (fire, cold, negative energy), energy resist 10 (acid), nondetection (DC 48), ray deflection
Stat buffs/penalties: +9 shield AC, 17-20 crit range, +25 competence perception, +10 insight perception, +4 morale skills/saves, +2 insight AC/reflex, +3 luck attack/saves, +1 natural armour, +4 str, +2 dex, +4 con, +2 int, +4 wis, +4 cha, +18 morale attack/damage
Perceptions: Darkvision 2 miles, scent, low-light vision, tremorsense/blindsight 2 miles, arcane sight, perception +88
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/15/16/13/6/7/14/6/5/6/5/2/6/2
Duskblade spell slots: 6/22/20/19/6/7
Quick-casts left: 2