News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Illuminated regrets

Started by Anastasia, February 27, 2019, 10:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

That gets Mother to sigh, as Father smiles fondly and...

Okay, anything else to do pre move?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Not that I can link of, beyond picking up whatever from Tinsel.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

That'll take longer unless you want to wait on the move for that. Up to you.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Doesn't really matter, I guess. Might as well just move.

Anastasia

And thus, it's time to say goodbye.

Your family is there, carrying bags on over, packing all their cherished possessions together for the trip. Father lugs most of them, while Mother and Alihana follow along.

Lorathana's possessions float along at her side, a few tightly packed bags and sacks of them. She carries a brown and white kitten along with her.

Delaize is waiting quietly, nothing visibly carried, his hands resting inside his pockets.

Jarem's commanding various soldiers and aids from the Red Knight, as well as you note, a handful of apprentices and journeyman members of the Guild.

Emily's waiting nearby for you, ready and smiling.

Ianvasah awaits as you all gather outside, moving to intercept you. "Are you ready?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"All of you... Thank you for.... So many things. I was so looking forward to changing... Everything for the Order. What we're doing after here will change even more. There's nothing to do at this point point but to get to work."

Anastasia

Lorathana clears her throat, "We'll be back one day," she promises. "This isn't forever."

Emily smiles at that, "I want to see more of the Prime - of the Primes. I'm holding you to that, Alyssa."

Jarem steps forward, "Had a few volunteers who wouldn't take no for an answer."

"And you'd better not go yet," Madala's voice as you turn and see her. She is followed by Ule and the other regents, advancing. "Regent Alyssa Songsteel. Your term has been tumultuous, but none of us can say that it has been boring. As a sign of our respect, we present you this." A pair of iron gauntlets are produced. They are solid and strong things, engraved with images of a familiar island sunrise - one you've seen every morning from your balcony here.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa casts a quick Detect Magic and inspects them.

"Madala, for all that we've butted heads... You've always had my respect and trust. How could I do anything but like someone as headstrong as me? I have no doubt you'll herd everything in the right direction. I do have one last task for you, though."

Anastasia

"Oh?" Madala asks, "What is it?" She cracks a smile at that, "It had better be good."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Even if I know they don't mean any damage, end the spying in the Regent's Council. The only loyalty they should have is to the Order, and to our new nation. I also expect you to come up with an amazing name for the nation."

Anastasia

A slight nod at that, "I'll do it, Alyssa." Is the answer you get, "Use the gauntlets well, too."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Oh... I have a few tricks I've practiced that no one's seen yet. These are almost perfect for them. I'm going to enjoy using them. Thank you for the gift. I'll find a way to be in touch safely."

Anastasia

"Good luck," Madala bids, "May your paths be long and without end, but always with a warm inn awaiting you."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"May the gods praise you with enough respite to not kill the other regents in frustration."

Alyssa grins at her and turns to go, slipping on the gauntlets.

Anastasia

Thus a portal is opened and you step through.

Ahead of you is fair grasslands, open and wide. The sun is bright here and shines down on you. Dozens of paths can be seen, all winding towards an octagonal building, three stories tall and one connected thing with a courtyard beyond. Inside of that courtyard is a taller tower, about ten stories tall.  All the paths to it lead to entrances, a dotting of stables and similar buildings to the sides.
<Afina> Forever.