News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Illuminated regrets

Started by Anastasia, February 27, 2019, 10:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa selects a path at random and heads towards the tower!
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

"It's nice," Emily says as she falls in step with you, Alihana's cry of, "Look at that," as you enter.

As you walk, "This school, tower and place is yours, Alyssa," Your dream companion is heard, though not seen. "Use it wisely."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

"Thank you."

To the others, "Let's explore and see what's what. I call dibs on the best rooms."

Anastasia

You find it appears to be a magical school and supporting buildings, or at least the octagon is. It's quite spacious and with quartering for all types, The stables, kitchens and supporting buildings all look to be in order, well made and unremarkable for what they are.

Yet when you reach the tower itself, exploring and ready to head within? You have a sudden feeling you should go in alone and that someone is waiting for you there.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa motions the others to stop.

"I think... I'm supposed to go alone. Look over the rest of the grounds. I'll find you all when I'm done."

She strides forward at that.

Anastasia

Emily starts to say something but then smiles, stepping back. Jarem does the same as you step forward and inside. The first room is a simple entryway, the second a den. Here a gray-bearded old man sits, his traveling clothes dusty as he rests by the fire, feet up on a low table. A tankard of ale is in his hand, drank deeply from. In that instant you know, you feel - a sense of being home, as if something hidden and lost is now visible to you. A overwhelming sense of rightness, a sense of place and belonging that is just...right. As it should be, as it always has been and always should be.

"Alyssa," Shaundakul greets, raising his mug of ale in salute. "The path comes to a rest here, at least for a little time. Join me and rest your feet."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa sits next to him, enjoying the fire and... Rest.

"I can still feel it. Pulling at me. But rest... I needed it."

Anastasia

"That feeling's normal here. Your soul knows where it's meant to go once your mortal life is done," Shaundakul says, "It knows it stands at the end of the path it's walked since you came to be." A drink of his ale as a mug appears before you. "I don't know why Io chose you and why Shar hates you, but you are one of mine. You'll have safety here and a chance to grow further."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Shar hates everything, I think. But thank you for a home. You said my mortal life is over, but I don't feel any different. I haven't done anything wrong to my family by bringing them here, have I?"

Anastasia

"You misheard. I said once your mortal life is done," Shaudakul says, "You're still breathing." Another drink, "No, they're your family. I expected you to come with friends, servants and family."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa chuckles.

"No, no servants. Friends and family, so far. What's the next step? I asked about an assassin and spymaster, since Shar likes to employ them herself."

Anastasia

"He's waiting for you upstairs," Is the answer you get, "Don't let his appearance fool you - he's extremely intelligent."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"I was just a common blacksmith's daughter. I won't underestimate him."

Anastasia

"Good, because he's an orc," Shaundakul says, "A great big brute of an orc."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa chuckles.

"No more eclectic than a doppelganger, a child of two gods, and an almost-was king. What's his name?"