News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Towertop

Started by Anastasia, March 14, 2019, 12:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Of all the rooms in the tower, the top floor stands out. It is one open space room, no internal walls to divide it. One great office, not decorated as for now, save for a single chair where a creature sits. A big green orc, scraping towards seven feet tall. He's tremendously muscled, looming over you like a titan. He's wearing leather boots joined by a traveler's sturdy cloak, tunic and pants. It's all unremarkably colored, letting his green skin stand out all the more. He slowly licks his lips, two small fang-tusks jutting out, before he rises.

"Alyssa." A simple greeting, voice rather quieter than you'd expect.

Ianvasah isn't going to be done until tonight, but she shouldn't matter for this.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

"Bastian, it's good to meet you. I've been needing help for a while now. I look forward to success with you."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Bastian leaps to his feet in one smooth, flowing motion. It's pure, natural grace and might combined as he rises "The Rider of the Winds told me what you wanted, but tell me yourself what you need."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa eyes his movement, evaluating it as so done who has skill in stealth herself.

"I'm in direct conflict with Shar. She's sent assassin's after me before, and I'm guessing she will again. I have some skill in moving in shadows, but not in the world that goes with it. I need someone who can spot those agents and root them out. I'm associated with an Arcane Order, and I might need you, if you agree to join me, to make a pass through there as well "

Anastasia

"Tell me more about those people and your order," Bastian comes forth and offers you his chair.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Shar's assassin's got into our plane and one into our order. They were able to kill a few of our ruling council, unfortunately, before I was able to pin down the one in the Order. I turned him over to Seira, as her daughter helped capture him and.... We didn't have anyone who really knew what to do with him. We're primarily researchers with a little bit of adventuring for resources and funds. I've laid the groundwork for them to develop into a nation on their own, though."

Anastasia

"What about the people who came with you?" Bastian asks next, "Tell me about them."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Jarem is a knight-cleric of the Red Knight. She and I ha e an alliance and he was dispatched to be my advisor. Trustworthy and stalwart, but a bit of a Playboy and smart ass.

Emily is the daughter of Seria. Both of her parents are God's now, actually. Heavy in the magics, but young and thrill seeking. She thinks only by getting tales of her own will her parents be proud of her. She's learning from me, I think, about obtuse solutions and not always going head on.

Ianvasah is something of a newcomer, but one I trust. She's become an exceedingly strong druid, and is trying to find a goal for her power.

The rest are my family, and some of Jarem's support units."

Anastasia

"The rest I'll learn from experience," Bastian says, "Shaundakul has commanded me to serve you, so I will serve you. I expect you to live up to what you've been given."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"I expect you to advise as much as act. I don't expect anyone to put their own goals to a complete stop. Let's go meet the others."

Anastasia

A grunt at that, "Let me meet them on my own terms. Goes better that way."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods.

"Anything you want me to tell them?"

Anastasia

"I'll take care of it," Bastian says, getting up and going.

Okay, I assume there's going to be some settling in for sure. Gimme a loose agenda for things as you get in and establish your new base of operations?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Just settle in. Start doing some research on how to strike at or counter Shar, and hit Moore for another lesson and so e leads.

Anastasia

About an hour later, you're getting a grasp of your office, decorating it how you like. By chance you go to the window and glance out - and below Jarem and Bastian are fighting.

Well, sparring perhaps. A practice blade and no shield for Jarem, while Bastian fights unarmed. It's not as fast as you've seen Jarem move, no magic coming from him. Yet they both move with a skill that puts them above mortal, above others you could hope to find. An ease of movement, a skill borne of hard battles and harder injuries overcome. Each move is economical and flawless, no mistakes - only anticipation and counter, the two going back and forth.
<Afina> Forever.