News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Victorious advance

Started by Anastasia, March 25, 2019, 01:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"They're closing in now," Latha watches, "Be strong, Seira."

Syala goes to study it, "Stop that spell," she murmurs, watching Seira's battle.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

"I think she was hoping to start by clearing out a horde of individually weak soldiers, not face four primal elementals. If that's the first round it's only going to get worse," Alicia comments, refreshing some of their augments while they watch, feeling she might be required after all.

Anastasia

"Do they know about Seira's magic and ability to expand a spell?" Antenora inquires, "They act like they do - they aren't committing to fighting her head on with numbers, but with distance and powerful champions instead."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Even if not specifically that, there's always the risk of things like Marie's barrage or those contagious firebursts when facing a solitary powerful individual - the fact that Seira's out there with no allied support should be all the warning an enemy commander needs to know that she intends to wreak wide scale devastation," Alicia says as they watch.

Anastasia

"Logical," Antenora says, approval evident in her voice.

"Marie's not here to hear you speak like that," Syala says absently, focusing on the unfolding battle.

This gets Antenora to clear her throat and faintly blush.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Anyway, you were going to say something about those rubies, Syala?" Alicia asks while they all watch.

Anastasia

"They're rubies dear to Sune and have some power, too," Syala explains, "From what I understand, Tryll got involved and they're begun to be recovered." A glance to the battle, a focus on it before she goes on. "Debonah, one of Sune's elite servants, has also been involved. But to get to details? They're gems that hold memories of love and romance. They're spiritual balms and can restore broken romances, as well as other powers. They're artifacts, so at least they can't be lightly destroyed, but being large rubies alone makes them valued."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Who stole them, do you know?" Alicia asks.

Anastasia

"I'm not clear on that, but it looks like they got sold or traded off, or taken away," Syala admits in the meantime. "Next time we're over there, ask Sune to see them. They're fun to play with."

Meanwhile Antenora watches, "Reinforcements are here," she says, "Good."

Yet across it you see more forces committing by the moment, more forces flooding in. A torrent of them, more seemingly coming, more and more and more. Imix's elementals and forces, brigades of fire giants, great flights of efreet, more mercenaries, more more and more yet. The numbers are escalating - as you also notice a flight of pyroclastic dragons coming into the field from afar, flying towards it. Legions of azer march forward as well, joined by flaming worgs and bound pyrohydras, lead by efreet, fire elementals and spirits - spirits of flame and hate, outsiders who serve Imix.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Still no sign of Imix himself. He wants them worn down a bit before he takes the field," Alicia comments, refocusing on the battle at hand.

Anastasia

"Logical again," Antenora says, "When you're a monster who sees minions as disposable tools, why not use them to weaken the enemy?" She scowls at the growing armies, "He probably realizes that it will come down to him versus Zaaman Rul if he gets his way, and he has every reason to want to be fresh."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"The army's coming in now - they waited till Seira got some support to handle the primals so now she won't be as free with her wide area spells. These are simple and logical tactics but it doesn't make them less effective," she elaborates her view on what's going on.

Anastasia

"Imix is passionate, volatile," Latha reasons aloud, "This doesn't feel like how he's attack Zaaman Rul. Has someone else taken command over him?"

"The only persons I could think of is Eblis or the Grand Sultan, but it possible Imix is relying on a general," Antenora remarks. "Though I don't think Eblis will be there, not for this, not now."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I've never really crossed paths with him so I couldn't say, but these are basic tactics," Alicia says. "Being passionate doesn't make one a fool, and Imix surely wants to win."

Anastasia

It's then you see it - feel it, really. In a rain of dust and ash they appear - a squadron of corrupted, vile fire elementals. 777 you suspect, knowing without seeing. They appear on the southern border, simply taking position. They are lead by a fallen solar, radiant with flame and power. His six wings are burnt black, elegant and beautiful armor of a pale, delicate red worn. He is sans a helmet, his pale white hair contrasting eyes of burning lava.

Yet they make no move to advance or retreat - simply watching from a distance, observing the southern flank, where great armies of efreet and elementals clash with Zaaman Rul's own elemental defenders, as the battle unfolds before your eyes.
<Afina> Forever.