News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Visitors

Started by Anastasia, May 09, 2019, 12:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Thus you all arrive back. It's Dana who speaks first, "Can we take a few hours before we chase down another ruby?" she says, "Got a lot of shit to sort out."

Quietly Miranda says, "We all have much to think of."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

'Go ahead. It'll likely take me a while to track it down, anyway.' Tryll says.

"Naptime!" Calleigh zips into the house.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Okay, what's the plan with tracking the ruby?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Gonna go with Examine Astral Reverberations.

Manifesting fully augmented Examine Astral Reverberations
PP: 25
DC 36 will to resist.
Effect: Discern location of targeted creature or object. If concealed behind Mind Blank or similar obfuscation technique, opposed caster level check is allowed. In addition, if successful there is a non-cryptic Divination effect stating what tcreature or objects next actions are.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+35 : 15 + 35, total 50[/blockquote]
I'm not really expecting the ruby to resist me, as if it's at all intelligent it probably wants to be found.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

The ruby has been placed an offering to the Dying King.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Well that's new. 'Any of you ever head of the Dying King?'

Yuthirin

Also that was supposed to give me a location of the ruby. Actual location.

Anastasia

Just paste me the entire spell then, please.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Examine Astral Reverberations
Clairsentience
Level: Psion/wilder 9
Display: Mental and visual
Manifesting Time: 1 minute
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Instantaneous
Power Points: 17

This power taps information stored in the astral, such as a creature's movements or location, if that creature or object fails a Will save. This power shows the movements of said creature and all of their actions taken within the last week, as well as who and what they interacted with.

This power does not work on any plane that is not connected in some way to the astral plane. This power only functions on creatures and objects with an astral presence; a mind. Inert, non-magical objects such as walls or non-thinking creatures such as non-intelligent oozes and mindless undead are invisible to this power.

Augment

If an additional 5 power points are spent, the power also attempts to postulate a likely future outcome. This provides a benefit similar to that of a divination, but less cryptic. Any information conveyed would concern one single action or possible action regarding that creature, and the question must be phrased to outline the direction for the power to take. Information conveyed can be contained in no more than one single sentence.

If an additional 10 power points are spent, the manifestor may make an opposed caster level check to reveal information about a target that has or had an active mind blank spell.

For every 2 power points spent in either of the above augmentations, the power's DC increases by 1.

Anastasia

Thanks.

The ruby was taken to a throne surrounded by the dead - festering zombies and skeletons. Atop that throne sits a rotting king, who holds the ruby in his hands, lost in contemplation of it.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Any indication what plane it's on?

Anastasia

Checking it's travel, you can see it's on the Abyss. Pazunia in particular, the 1st layer.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Oh it's on the Abyss that's great.' Tryll grouses.

Anastasia

"A fight," Dana and Miranda perk up at exactly the same time, Dana saying that.

"I could really go for a good fight," Miranda seconds, "What part of the Abyss?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Pazunia. Not even the weirdest layer. Just the most popular.'