News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

The embers of victory

Started by Anastasia, June 07, 2019, 06:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

There is much to be done in victory. Troops to see to, injured to heal and fortifications to be restored. Speeches are to be given, celebrations begun. It is a triumph this day on Fire.

Laid out on a vast mesa are thousands of tables, laden with the delicacies and foods of Fire, brought forth by combined divine will. Here the soldiers celebrate and feast. At the highest table is Zaaman Rul, along with Alicia, Syala, Antenora and...

You can choose to invite any other of your NPCs for this chat if you want, y'all. Characters with divine rank get an auto invite as a matter of protocol.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Seira still can't entirely shake the adrenaline rush, acting half her age. She brought with her those alongside whom she fought, of course, and now she's flitting between the tables where the soldiers celebrate, seeing that they are well taken care of. Her avatar is at the table with Zaaman Rul and Amaryl, however, since the cleanup at the Cauldron has long since ended.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

No one else from Sylica since we need people to guard the base. I'd want Alyssa and company here though since they took part and we have eyes on them.

"So, it looks like I'm involved in this war at last. I thought I could drag it out longer but part of me's amazed it lasted this long," Alicia says to Seira's avatar as they settle in. "It didn't quite sit right, being on the sidelines while all this was happening."

Anastasia

Yes, waiting on them since that's entirely reasonable. Emily as well is a known factor to Zaaman Rul thanks to backstory.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Perhaps it's for the best," Seira responds to Alicia. "I heard reports that Eblis is wavering, and that's likely on you. Because you were here at this time. That alone would've made your participation worthwhile, and yet it's only the tip of the iceberg, isn't it?"

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa and crew arrives here as suddenly as they did on the front lines and with as little pomp, raising her hand in greeting.

"Lady Seira! Greetings and congratulations on your victory!"
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

"Everyone," Zaaman Rul raises a goblet of burning , bubbling liquid up in a toast. "Emily, come join us. Alyssa, is it? Come join us as well, all of you. I see one of the Red Knight's strategists with you and others yet."

Syala is enjoying a drink and smiles, "Strategic neutrality has a place, but I'm glad to be in this war."

"Thank you," Jarem inclines his head deeply and takes a seat, as he sends to the others, 'Just be polite if in doubt.'
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa inclines her head and takes a seat.

"Thank you for the welcome, my Lord."

To the others, 'Hopefully they won't spot light us too much, I think anonymity is one of our strengths right now.'

Corwin

Seira nods at Alyssa in welcome, smiling at Emily briefly before saying, "Thank you for coming to the aid of our good friend. After today, Fire is one step closer to reform."

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa takes a sip of drink, surveying the people around subtly.

Ebiris

"It's good to see you here Alyssa, and your friends," Alicia says to Io's chosen over the table after taking part in the toast. "You fought for a worthy cause today. I hope your experience on the battlefield brought you both wisdom and treasure for your efforts."

Iron Dragoon

"It brought a possible treasure or two. One for sure... A prisoner. An assassin."

Ebiris

"It's often harder to capture someone alive than just to kill them," Alicia says. "What will you do with your prisoner?"

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa shrugs. "I'm not greatly experienced in these matters. I turned over one of Shar's assassins to Seira here. Likely the same. Why? Are you interested in him?"

Ebiris

Alicia chuckles a little and shakes her head. "I don't even know his name, so no. Our host might since they were invading his home," she gestures to Zaaman Rul. "A prisoner is a potentially useful source of knowledge on enemy plans, but if they're particularly skilled or held in high regard it could be useful to hold onto as a ransom should one of your own friends end up captured. Presuming you can hold him securely without him escaping or causing trouble in your own camp."