News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Date night

Started by Anastasia, June 11, 2019, 01:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

A nod to that, a pause to eat. A comfortable pause, togetherness where no words are needed. Syala looks out at the ocean after the meal, "We still took losses," Syala says quietly, "More now than ever, we need to encourage and foster our mortal worshipers, so that they grow strong and find a place here when their lives are done. We need more champions, Alicia."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

"I know," Alicia sighs there. "Did you see Ranbar? She's one of Seira's and she came from nowhere to being good enough to fight alongside her against Imix. I don't have anyone like that, none are even as strong as I was when we took on the furnace. What I thought was near the precipice of mortal power now seems so small."

Anastasia

"Ranbar was also empowered," Syala concurs, "But you're right." She scoots her chair over, putting an arm around you now. A hug, pulling you to rest against her. "Our champions flourish, but we've yet to come across one to rise truly high yet. One to rise to our level, unless you count Ebony."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I don't, she was already close to our level when she joined us and has kept up since then," Alicia says as they re-position their chairs to lean against one another. "I have many talented mortal worshippers, ones who do good work and I'm proud of, but none with truly world-shaking power."

Anastasia

The two of you look out to the sea, "I've had high hopes for some who stagnated, who died or who simply found a passion in life that wasn't the path of a hero," Syala admits, "Who would think, people like you don't grow on trees." Smiling and squeezing your shoulder, "Gotten any good advice from other deities that you can share, dear?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

She shakes her head. "I've tried to do much like Mystra did for me, in other words sit back and let them grow by overcoming adversity on their own rather than babysit them. Aside from being a bit more hands on while celebrating recent ascensions I've tried to avoid letting anyone grow complacent by leaning on divine support. I know someone who has an excellent track record for raising people from obscurity into terrifying powerhouses, but firstly I don't want to ask Shar for advice, and secondly her champions still always lose in the end."

Anastasia

"That," Syala breathes out and shuts you up with a kiss. That rather stalls the conversation, but when it's past, Syala close enough to feel her breath against your face, "Is because she's fighting us. We'll just have to ask around and find out what works and how to foster more champions."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

She's startled at the abrupt kiss but goes with it, meal forgotten as she and Syala distract one another for a bit. When it ends she holds an arm around the other goddess, keeping her close. "I always thought challenge and calamity was what did it - look at how fast the leaders of Aurora grew in the last year. But you can't in good conscience engineer that for your prospective champions."

Anastasia

"And I've seen situations where my faithful just don't grow, even in challenge and calamity." Syala admits, "Mortals that advance like that seem to be the excep..." a pause here. "Zaphkiel," she mutters quietly. "Who can advance even a normal person to our heights. The secret to how and why some mortals advance rapidly is a secret to many, and if anyone knows, I would think he does."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"In that case we have another reason to visit Celestia. Lets bring Latha along and go there tomorrow?" Alicia says, figuring it's worth a shot.

Anastasia

A slight nod at that. "Then it's tomorrow's task." Syala murmurs. After a pause to just cuddle, "Dear, have you ever thought about expanding your horizons? I'm happy with you, but I think we could both enjoy tasting other fruits on occasion."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Like when Marie and Antenora were with Latha?" she asks, turning to look intently at Syala. "Who do you have your eye on?"

Anastasia

Syala doesn't hide a moment of surprise, but smiles, "Honestly? I hadn't gotten that far, like a dog who finally caught his tail." Blowing a breath out slowly, "There's a few approaches - for romantic reasons, for purely physical experiences, for something else." She admits that plainly, "Antenora and Marie could be fun if everyone was willing, but it would be emotional. There's a lot of strong feelings between all of us, born of all the battles and years we've spent together."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"You're right it would complicate things enormously if you made a move on those two," Alicia says, putting it lightly. "I'm... not wanting to hold you back if that's something you're really interested in, but it's not for me. I like having deep friendships without making it carnal, and I don't really want to pursue simple physical pleasure with people I'm not close to either. You keep me satisfied there."

Anastasia

"I've been tempted occasionally, but I don't want a pass to do it on my own. I want you with me." With a fond smile at that, "As I've said before - I'm patient, I have forever. I'll warm you up to it one day."
<Afina> Forever.