News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

What looms next?

Started by Anastasia, July 09, 2019, 01:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Barachiel is simply there once the others are gone, sitting at the table. He gestures for you to sit opposite him, "Tell me what you think of those events, Moore."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Moore sits down.

"I don't like it." He says, bluntly. "I think the likelihood is that The Sultan has fooled himself and blinded himself with his pride that he can't see the enemies looming right next to him. I think tomorrow will bring the death of many, including hope for a better future for some time."

Anastasia

"It is not a good business," Barachiel agrees. "The fall of a regime is sometimes essential to overthrow evil. It is a last resort, as it is always others who pay a price in blood for revolution. We had hoped the Sultan would see the light and agree to reform, but it is not to be. It is also a sign of our successes in this war, and we may yet hope that if he is replaced, his replacement is willing to seek a proper peace that liberates the suffering."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"It feels to me like the new Sultan will be Akil. Do you think he would agree to it?" A shake of his head after that. "Perhaps It may not matter. If Hell throws themselves into this war, what do you think will happen?"

Anastasia

"It will get bloody," Barachiel says, "Hell is vast and not to be underestimated. One reason we've had success is because Hell has stayed out. It will be a harder and longer war that way."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Do you think they care at all about slavery as a subject, or is it just a matter of pride for them?" He asks.

Anastasia

"Hell is built on slavery both in name and in deed," Barachiel declares, "Even if many of the slaves never understand that they are, not in their hearts."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "I wish there was something we could do, but I suppose all we can do is hope he sees the light. If his choice ends his life then we've done all we can do to help."

Anastasia

"We fight for a better future and result for everyone," Barachiel smiles here, a sad smile. "No matter how hard we do, there are those that we do everything right in and still a soul comes to a lamentable fate. If you have done all you could, then you have nothing to be ashamed of. The Grand Sultan has made his choices, and if he is to die for them, then it is on his shoulders."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "Then for now we wait. There will be battles tomorrow, of that... one needs not be Xandra to see." He says.

Anastasia

"Prepare and rest," Barachiel says, rising. "We will appraise the situation as information from the City of Brass makes itself known."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "We will be ready." He promises.

Anastasia

Doing anything or just going to rest up?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Anastasia

What's waiting for you?
<Afina> Forever.