News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

The time is now

Started by Anastasia, July 09, 2019, 01:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Alicia returns to Sylica. All seems at peace for now as...

Quick question, how are you going to plan? Just by yourself or with someone? This will mostly be setting something up, so just baseline details are fine. I don't need a plan.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Strength of Light's in charge of it on the realm level so we'll go over things with him, toss in Marchalu as well since she's in charge of our intelligence and hasn't had any screentime all game.

Add Latha and Antenora for node participation.

Anastasia

Getting everyone set up is easy.

Strength of Light has brought in several wooden boards engraved with drawings, magically flexible and controllable. He sets them up to be seen, all while Antenora and Latha take a seat. Marchalu has just fluttered and bows to all of you, as...

'The time is now,' Oberuth sends to you. 'We're going to face the end of the ruins at last.'
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

She's surprised at getting that message from Oberuth but it makes her smile. 'Finish what I couldn't, then.'

"I just got word from Oberuth, it sounds like he's about to try and conclude things with Daa-vid. I've long recused myself from that matter so I can only wish him luck - if things go poorly a greater god could ascend in the next few hours and the ramifications will have to be dealt with. If they go well, Seira will be empowered and Shar weakened, which will help all of us," she says to those lucky enough to be present right now. Not just Seira and Shar since she has options to empower, censure, and banish other deities too. But Alicia will not be among them, nor any of the dragon deities or elemental lords besides Kossuth, or Talona, Tempus, Mask, Silvanus, Empress Sulia, Eldath, and the Hidden Lord. Everyone else is up for grabs though.

Anastasia

"Are the rewards that great?" Strength of Light asks, his attention turned to you.

Marchalu lands on the backrest of a seat, "What can be done if they win?" is asks, to the point, "You make it sound marvelous, and the victory of the God-King terrible."

Antenora blows out a breath, "Unfinished business. In another life, maybe we would have been the ones to stand before him."

"We've gained far more," Latha says quietly.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Still though, our part in it was stolen from us through no fault of our own," Alicia says. "It's done and I wouldn't change what I did in the past. As for the consequences? Daa-vid is currently suspended at his weakest, an opportunity for Oberuth and those with him to slay him for all time... or not, if they choose. They must pass judgement, and could allow him to live. Were that to happen Daa-vid would ascend to become a full deity on the level of Lathander or Shar. He would no longer be the out of context terror that he was with the Fairest Star, but his power would be such that all would have to pay attention and his actions would shake Creation," Alicia explains first the ramifications for Daa-vid himself.

"As for the rewards beyond that? The ones who successfully pass judgement will be given the opportunity to censure, banish, or augment any of the deities taking part in the contest. Three to censure - which will reduce their power, by how much I'm uncertain, but a weak deity could be returned to becoming a mortal. Three to banish, forbidding them utterly from that prime, unable to influence it or even grant spells to worshippers in any way. And three to augment, increasing their power to the same degree as those censured lost out."

She goes and takes a seat. "Almost all the deities are involved and so at risk of censure and banishment - but also able to be rewarded. I can tell you who has recused themselves though and thus can't be influenced. Myself, all the dragon gods," she doesn't mention Io, they can just think she means Bahamut and Tiamat, "All the elemental lords save for Kossuth. Tempus, Mask, Talona, Silvanus, Eldath, Empress Sulia, Mask, and the Hidden Lord. Much will be decided today, far beyond even the war with the efreet. Which makes this pause all the more timely."

Anastasia

Antenora focuses - and you see the familiar halls before you, projected out. Oberuth, Marianne and Lyris stride forward, ready for battle.

You recognize those halls, places you fought so long ago. Memories of a time when you were far less than you were now, when you were but a mortal woman. "Who will Oberuth choose if he is triumphant?" Marchalu asks, "And...is there any way or reason he would let Daa-vid live?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"From everything we heard of during our own build up to this? There's no reason to let Daa-vid live, the man was a hateful blight on the world and far beyond. Unless there's a startling revelation to come, I find it unlikely," Alicia says, summoning Jessica and Syala and Marie so they can all watch.

"Lets put aside talk of war on Fire and all watch this instead. It's more important. I don't know who Oberuth will choose, Seira to be augmented is obvious, Shar to be banished and censured both. Beyond that... I don't know. The other two, Marianne and Lyris? They have a say in it as well. I'm not sure about the new deities like Antenora or Amaryl and whether they're eligible or not, either."

Anastasia

Jesscia is there in a moment, "You called, sister?"

Syala's there, "About time! I'm glad they're going to finally end this - so long as they don't lose."

Marchalu settles in, "The games of the gods, and I have a seat to watch." A smile spreads on Marchalu's face at this.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Thus they head inward, further and further.

Until at last they come before the paths to the portals. Here Ajan waits, looming and silent. "It is time," he says, as if that say sit all. "Are you prepared?"

"As I'll ever be," Oberuth agrees, "Never thought I'd be the one, but history cares nothing for what men think."

"From the past to now," Marianne says, "There's a symmetry here, one I'll see through to the end. Yes, I am ready."

Lyris nods slightly to that, "I've been ready for this. Let's put this to bed."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Marie turns herself tiny for old time's sake and hovers up to perch on Alicia's head. "A great many eyes are likely on this right now, some more nervous than others," Alicia says with a smile over at Marchalu. "Even we don't have the luxury of being disinterested, as the ramifications will affect our own planning."

Anastasia

Antenora is besides Alicia in a blink, head almost against hers. "Don't forget you have more than one head to perch on, you libertine."

"Many eyes, I just got a message from Sharess," Syala says, "I think everyone's turning to watch."

Finally.

Oh Alicia, do you feel it? I hope they triumph!
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Marie reaches over to pat Antenora's head. "I know, I just felt like being nostalgic. I helped in those ruins too - do you remember when I killed that giant skeleton colossus thing?"

"It was very impressive Marie," Alicia says indulgently, nodding to Syala after. "I just heard from Mystra. Kascha too."

My only regret is that I can't be there myself. But it must mean more for you to bring this chapter to a close.

She sends that to her patron. And to Kascha?

We're all watching here, and giving them our hopes.

Anastasia

A final door appears before them all, Ajan moving out of the way. "Go ahead," he says, "Beyond this lies the path to Kangap and Goldan."

Oberuth nods, blade and shield at the ready. He advances slowly onward.

Marianne smiles up at Ajan, "Seira hasn't forgotten you."

Lyris glances up at that, "You think she'd forget," she murmurs to Marianne. "Honestly."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia smiles slightly at the way Lyris chides Marianne. They're connected but hardly the same princess and maid they were before their reincarnation.

"Remember all those stories about Kangap and Goldan? Now we'll get to actually see them," Marie says, shifting to sit side-on on Alicia's head with her feet resting on Antenora's.