News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

A book and many things to do

Started by Anastasia, July 09, 2019, 11:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Oh, geez. I dunno. Library architecture isn't something I thought about. I guess multi tiered with some sort of small arboretum type deal in the center and in nooks?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Sure.

Thus, it is done. Your new library has an open center with plenty of books, with nooks all along the outer wall for more. A glass domed ceiling lets in the sunlight, but dims it slightly to provide everything with a late day glow. New written books by and large, sections of the lore your workers are still working at sorting, so much more to do. Nonetheless without any doubt it's a fine foundation, all sorts of assorted information gathered.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa tours it feeling pride. A real first step for the school.

"So much more to do." She looks around to make sure everything is going smoothly.

Anastasia

It is. A few students are working, a few mages are researching. It's respectfully quiet, save for one thing. Footsteps.

Bastian walks up to you, "So is this where your path lead?" he asks, taking in the view of it all. He idly rubs his left hand with his right, cracking the knuckles after.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Partly. Everyone needs a comfortable place to rest sometimes. Mine are schools apparently. First the order, now here. Maybe more. Why? Do you dislike my school?"

Anastasia

"No."

Bastian takes it all in, "I wondered where your dusty roads would lead you and how you'd walk them, Alyssa."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"And what have you decided of my methods in your darkly stormy brooding? Or do you just do that for the girls?"

Anastasia

"I do not brood," Bastian says after a moment, "Nor do I brood darkly and stormily."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa Pat's him on the shoulder, "Yes, yes, you're much more manly than that. What have you decided on my methods? You've been on the fence for a while, deciding if I can really bring us across the finish line."

Anastasia

Not reacting to that pat on the shoulder, "In spite of it all, you can when it matters," Bastian says, "This path shows that much."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"In spite of what, exactly? Improvement is always needed."

Anastasia

"The roads are right before you, and they'll teach you," Bastian says, as a moment of radiance. You feel a connection to Bastian growing bright, strong and full as...

Node update. Note that it's to a piece of your gear this time, so check it out.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa blinks and sticks a toe out to inspect her boots, "Well, that's a pleasant surprise. I'm flattered that your faith in me is strong enough to empower my magic equipment. How toughtful. I'll have to get you something also."

Anastasia

"I'll be expecting it," Bastian says with a bit of a smile, turning and walking away. You catch him smiling just as he goes, a glimpse of it before he heads back onto his path.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa chuckles and shakes her head, "That man might need a sister more than anyone else I've ever met. Ohhh, there's an idea. Maybe I'll inflict Alihana on him..."