A new sultan?

Started by Anastasia, July 19, 2019, 02:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Moore will offer Hopes Landing as a place Seira can bring any slaves she would like to as needed, but he doesn't have anything else to add to this.

Ebiris

Basically sit tight in Sylica a little and be ready in case of expected betrayal or anyone asking for our help in pushing Shar over for a couple days.

Corwin

With the treaty signed, Seira addresses all those still enslaved in efreet hands. A moment ago, a treaty freeing all of you was signed between myself and the new Grand Sultan. Though it may take up to a week until you all see freedom, please hold on to that hope. We shall not leave any of you behind!

If freeing the camps requires IC action, that's what I'm doing. If not, I'll wait until the seven days have passed and meet with the dao again.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

This is largely OOC bait. One question since it'll matter: How do you plan to present yourself whenever you see slaves and former slaves?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

What, appearance-wise? My adventuring outfit as depicted on my sheet.

Anastasia

Okay, didn't know if you'd go all RAWR dragon or not. Thanks.

Okay, with that aside, go ahead and reach out to the Great Khan as you see fit and we'll start from that.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Ah, I see! Yes, excellent idea, let's go dragon instead. I could bring my prismatic pals!

I believe we are ready for negotiations to resume, Seira speaks politely to the Great Khan.

Anastasia

Impressive and showy huh? We'll touch on that a little later.

'Seira,' No colored words, simple telepathy this time. 'Faheem rules - something that makes you wroth?'
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Ideologically, I'm appalled, Seira admits. It shouldn't be a surprise. In practical terms, however, he acceded to my terms. All slaves will be freed, and slavery itself will be abolished in the Efreet Empire. Given that it was the explicit reason for the war, I cannot see it as anything but a complete victory. I think Alicia put it best, their recent change in management means it is a situation where everyone wins but the efreet.

Anastasia

'You should be appalled because he's a worthless pustule of a genie.' The Great Khan retorts, 'We'll all have to tolerate his odious presence.'
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I had to decide between my personal feelings and between the well-being of those I wish to see freed, Seira says, her mental tone reluctant. It is also why, while I have a considerable amount of respect to you, that I cannot accept anything less. Our military situation couldn't be better, though it is through no fault of yours. Can we end the war on those terms?

Anastasia

'I believe we can come to better terms,' The Great Khan says, 'Neither of us have any love for Akil. A white peace in exchange for cooperation in undermining Akil, as well as a share of treasures from various caches Akil has, that are about to be confiscated.'
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

As before, I want to see any and all slaves kept by the dao freed, and slavery itself to be outlawed by your people, Seira stresses. Many other matters may return to the pre-War status quo, or even find that situation improved, but neither I nor my allies can settle for less.

And the military option is far more plausible now, with the efreet out of the picture, she doesn't have to say.

Anastasia

'Then you'll find I have not been idle,' The Great Khan says, 'You shall receive many messages. Listen to them as you should listen to the rumblings of the earth. We will talk again once that is done.'
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Perhaps he hadn't been, but just who could he have gotten in bed with? Seira decides to wait and see, so she could receive at least one such message.

And puts her forces on high alert, in case the message is an attack at her interests.