News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

A new sultan?

Started by Anastasia, July 19, 2019, 02:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Rumbles.

It's the rumbling of the earth that stirs you barely a moment later. You know this presence: Ogremoch.

Seira.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

There will be great war if you do not stop rocking Earth.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

The dao attacked me, not the other way around, Seira responds. There will be many wars that rock Earth if you set the precedent that the dao are allowed to go off on foreign adventures in other planes but run and hide behind you when things go badly for them.

As compensation to the attacked party, I want the dao to free their slaves, the majority of which are xorn and earth elementals, who are of Earth. They should find their own path to earthen enlightenment than be stifled by serving at dao whims. That would end all conflict satisfactorily, and prevent future wars as well.

Anastasia

Then there will be war.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

So be it. Seira isn't going to respond to that.

Anastasia

'A taste,' The Great Khan says as you ruminate on that in moments. 'I will not roll over like the Efreet did - but.' A moment's pause, 'I am still willing to free the Xorn and meet you half way as discussed before, as well as agree to cooperation against Akil. Our people understand mazes and the earth, and all of the hidden treasures, dangers and wonders that reside in it. The revelation of one shows the truth of many more.'
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I'm sorry, I honestly thought he was already fighting against us, Seira says apologetically. It's an awkward admission, made no easier by the fact that the Khan cannot see her face. Since this is a negotiation, I'm willing to simplify it. Freedom for all of the slaves, who will be repatriated safely to the Cauldron. I'll drop the demand that you outlaw slavery outright, if I receive your assurance that it will be strongly and quietly discouraged. I'm further willing to support your efforts against Akil to such a degree that does not breach the Cauldron's treaty with the Efreet Empire. If you agree to these revised terms, we can end the fighting in our current positions and have a hundred years to cool off and consider our next moves.

Anastasia

A pause, 'With compensation for slave owners as well as one thousand years of peace, rather than one hundred,' Is the reply.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

A symbolic compensation of a gold coin per slave, Seira allows, before insisting, A hundred years, but renewable indefinitely if both sides wish for it each century.

Anastasia

A consideration, '100 gold per slave, and 800 years before renewals.'
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Eight hundred years is a ridiculous time for a treaty, Seira insists. If it's that important to you, we'll stick to the symbolic price of one gold, and I'd like the information on the daoin.

Anastasia

Do you mean sticking to the 800 years?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I mean that if he wants the 800 years so much, he'll be agreeing to the 1 gold per slave.

Anastasia

Thought so, just a case where I needed to be OOC clear on it.

'I'll have a treaty drawn up,' The Great Khan says, 'It will be delivered soon.'
<Afina> Forever.