Ahead lies...?

Started by Anastasia, August 22, 2019, 01:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"We kill others. All are others but us. All are others but the heat." The lizard intones. "Others must die, because they are not the heat."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"No, that's wrong." Moore says. "You can live in peace with other things, even if they're different. We're all different, and we didn't attack or kill you or your family." He adds. "It might be the nature of those lizards to fight and kill others, but it doesn't have to be yours. If you fight and kill, over and over, one day you'll be killed."

Moore stops there and shakes his head. "You can fight those who hurt you, who want to harm you. There's no reason to kill others just because they're others."

Anastasia

Images press against you.

Others. Alien. WRONG WRONG WRONG.

They aren't the heat. They aren't the warmth. They aren't Fire. WRONG WRONG WRONG.

A horrible sense of wrongness from all of you, see through one set of eyes facing the party. WRONG WRONG WRONG.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"If you fight us, you'll die." Moore says. "You won't be able to protect them anymore. There's a difference between 'wrong' and 'different.' You can't let their will be your will." Moore says.

He takes a deep breath. His words echo about the chamber, some amount of power put behind them."You must find Peace."

Anastasia

Trying something in particular?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Zaphkiel seems to be able to convince people to cool their jets, so Moore is trying to get a similar vibe.

More or less being firm and intimidating if he needs to be.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+46 : 2 + 46, total 48[/blockquote]

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 8 + 7, total 15[/blockquote]

Anastasia

You feel suddenly woozy and weak - but the lizard's not bombarding you with thoughts anymore and all is quiet. Xandra's there, silently supporting you.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore takes in a breath -- he was prepared for this, but it's always difficult to see through to the end.

"I can show you." Moore says. "A path to peace, where you can have as much heat as you want, and always be safe."

Anastasia

As the energy of the magic circle continues to flow into the lizard, "Heat? How much heat?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore turns to Xandra at this. "Keep me honest, here, but I'd imagine the fire that powers the forges of Jovar is hotter than anything anyone can imagine?"

Anastasia

A nod, "Yes, but..."  A glance at the lizard, "One does not simply arrive at Jovar lightly."
<Afina> Forever.