News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Deep into the Infinite Stair

Started by Anastasia, November 08, 2019, 02:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

See that, Jessica? Lets investigate, stay close while I shift space for us.

Compressing space to allow for faster transit across those miles, Alicia and Jessica approach.

Using invisibility sphere so we can see each other while being unseen by everyone else.

Anastasia

A simple nod from Jessica as you get closer. You see a dozen lillend are around this sphere. It's as if the space around them has balled together, like a growth pressing up from the flesh of a sick man. As you do, "It's unusually strong," One of the lillend says, a red head with delicate features, wearing only a single bracelet and nothing else.

"Will Bastrilo's gift remove it?" Another asks, a blonde in upper body armor as well as smooth iron around its tail, like a body sheathe. "It's been unresponsive to my magic."

"Bastrilo's gift is a last resort," A tall brunette says sourly, clad in a silken purple shirt as a top, tail tattooed with glowing purple ink, designs and whirls of magic engraved there. "I have another method that should resolve this. It is unusually strong, but this is stronger."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Alicia has a look over that strange ball herself before deciding whether to reveal themselves.

Take 10 for 79 on buffed divine insight spellcraft.

Also do I recognise Bastrilo's gift?

Anastasia

The ball is strange - it's meant to readjust space in the Infinite Stair, smoothing it over with a dozen spells - including a few rather like space compression.

You don't, but the name Bastrilo rings a dim bell. You recall a report from Ebony about lore Sage Vul'lath held, that Aurora obtained in due time. The snippet is as follows:

Adammal, Perith, Grengale, Bastrilo. All dead names of no meaning. All of the same being, lost like grains of sand on the beach of eternity. I have sought the truth for 10 centuries, but answers elude me. His true name is reckoned to be powerful enough to open the Gate. I must open the Gate and he knows this. I cannot stop now. I feel a reckoning is coming, he no longer bothers to hide his presence. He knows I can stop him. I know that if we come to battle now, he will triumph. I do not run. I consign these last words to this grimoire and consign it to this library.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Are there any non-lillend around on the nearby stairs close enough to potentially see us?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia and Jessica then appear as she drops her invisibility globe, Valnala's statue held in her hand. "Do you require assistance?" she asks gently, appearing about fifteen feet from the red-haired lillend.

Anastasia

"Ah!" An array of cries and hisses, the lillend whirling to face you, scattering about. All eye stare at the two of you and the statue.

"H...ow?" One manages before the red head eyes you.

"Lady Alicia," A deep bow, "I believe we have this matter in hand, but thank you."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"One of your sisters gifted me with this for an unrelated endeavour and she asked that I be kind to any other lillend I met," she says, holding up the bird statue and smiling. "I didn't mean to startle you, and if you have the matter in hand we'll leave you be."

Anastasia

The others stare once your name is pronounced.

"Be cautious - these spaces are not always safe," Warns the red head, "I do not believe the divine is at any serious danger here, but be aware."

"Thanks," Jessica agrees to that, "I'd thought so myself on seeing that."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Yes, having seen that we'll know to be more aware of our surroundings," Alicia nods her head towards the blackened sphere. "Thank you for the warning, and good luck." She turns them both invisible and directs Jessica a little bit away but not too far, so she can see exactly how they go about handling this thing.

Anastasia

Once you're gone?

"That was Saint Alicia?" A blonde lillend asks, eyes wide. "She's gorgeous!"

"She's a warrior, not a harlot," The red head retorts swiftly, scowling, "Her beauty is never important, only a warrior's blade matters, much as only or songs and magic matter for us."

'Excuse me?' Jessica comments to you.

"Don't let her hear that," the brunette declares primly, "Oralea, that was gross stupidity. Only a fool speaks such things of the divine. She is a woman and I'm sure she has her feminine pride. Show such poor judgment again and I'll reassign you for someone who has mastered their tongue and wits."

The red head - Oralea you suppose - merely goes quiet at that.

"She is striking," The blonde says, "It reminded me of when I was with the Hounds and we did such brave deeds. Was I the only one?"

A few murmurs at that, "That's normal," the brunette goes on, "Even incidental contact with powerful beings or divinities can do such things. Her presence was muted." With the same sour look as before, "Now be silent, there is a problem to solve."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia just smiles at Jessica. Her heart's in the right place.

It's a little bit voyeuristic to listen to people talking about her after they think she's left, but it's interesting too.

Not as interesting as seeing what they do with this problem before them, though.

Anastasia

What follows is a spell - the brunette casts, a long and complicated spell that takes about a minute to cast. It's one part space manipulation and one part space resolution. It seems to be the magical equivalent of a way to repair space distortions in virtually anything, even a space such as the Infinite Stair.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

That's interesting. Would it work on the space destroyed by the Q'pa?