News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Deep into the Infinite Stair

Started by Anastasia, November 08, 2019, 02:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Valnala gives you her hand as requested.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Alicia's aura is felt again, more potent as a silvery light coalesces around her palm and flows into Valnala.

Using a deific gift to give Valnala a +3 untyped bonus to knowledge (arcana) and spellcraft checks, presuming that's allowable.

Anastasia

I don't mind that in this case, no. I'd probably adjudicate sa giving her two skill focuses - she's high enough level that two small feats isn't entirely unreasonable - but whichever.

Your power flares and manifests within Valnala, who emits a soft, slight gasp. "Oh!"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Oh yes, that would work. Actually make it +2 then so it's equivalent to the other feats that give +2 to two skills.

Alicia lets go of Valnala's hand and sees what the last question Bredanalundalum's Wit has for her is.

Anastasia

The question is thus: Are you satisfied now, Valnala?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Well that's the last one, she supposes if they get the lillend flight ability in the stairs they can try for a bit and see if they get lucky.

"Are you satisfied now, Valnala?"

5/5 questions used up.

Anastasia

"I am honored," Valnala bows her head to both of you, "Allow me to retrieve what you need."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Thank you," Alicia says, stepping back to wait for Valnala now. Hopefully that scroll was well spent, but better to use it productively than to simply hoard it for a day that never comes.

Anastasia

Soon enough Valnala returns with a figurine of a falcon in flight, "This will let you and those close to you travel safely," she offers, "Keep it on you."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia accepts it. "It won't wear off so long as I carry this?" she asks to check on the temporary nature of bestowing their gift.

Anastasia

"Yes," Is the answer, "Return it when you're finished, but it will serve you as long as you have it."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Hopefully it won't take an elf's lifetime," Alicia says with a slight smile, returning to her disguised form. "We'll make sure we aren't seen using it, I don't imagine any lillend would want to field questions from other stair-goers as to how we're managing."

Anastasia

"That would be wisest," Valnala agrees, "May I ask if you believe there truly is a bottom to the stairs?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Honestly I'm not sure - because if there's a bottom logically there's a top as well," Alicia says. "But I have enough to go on that I'm prepared to search. Hopefully," she lifts up the stone falcon, "I'll have a story to go with it when I return this to you."

Anastasia

"May it serve you well," Is the answer you get.

Jessica smiles and adjusts before, "Come on, girlie," she says, "Got places to explore."
<Afina> Forever.