News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

A new hill

Started by Anastasia, March 04, 2020, 04:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

"Yes. But we should return to Sylica - Antenora must be worried about us while she's holding things down by herself there," Alicia says. "I hope you'll hear more good news from us soon. We're working hard on growing ourselves and finding more things left behind by the Incarnation of Balance, although now the cat's out of the bag we're far from the only ones doing so."

Anastasia

"Be safe and be well," Mystra bids you, as...

Going home then?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Anastasia

"Alicia," Antenora greets you once you return, "We've had our first seekers of power."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Oh? How violently were they seeking it?" Alicia asks as everyone regroups in Liberton.

Anastasia

"They weren't." Antenora explains as Syala joins you, while Latha departs for other matters. "He asked questions and was subtle, just not subtle enough." An admission as she goes on, "Had Marchalu not been there, we may not have realized it at all."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Well don't keep us in suspense, who was it and what was he asking?" Marie asks.

Anastasia

'Why Marie, you're the most pleasing when you're begging me for what's next,' Antenora sends, amusement in her voice.

Meanwhile, with no betrayal of what she's thinking on one count, on the other, "His name is Aloran. He's a half fey adventurer - he didn't get any hints, he just assumed because of what's happening. He's not evil, just discreet. Smart." Antenora turns slightly, as an image of him appears. Clear, hazel green eyes dominate, as well as elven ears and a slender build. Human otherwise, or perhaps half elven if you didn't know better. He's wearing a breastplate and greaves along with armguards, but no helmet is worn. "He swore by Titania's name, but he's not one of hers."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Marie goes around behind Antenora and hugs her without saying anything, an angelic smile on her face.

Alicia does not react to this, however. "Well, independent adventurers can't really be planned for but generally they're low impact as well. Not much we can do about those sorts of inquiries but nor are they a threat."

Anastasia

"That was my own conclusion," Antenora says, "But for everyone like this, we'll get a fool who sees power and is less intelligent and wise in how they seek it." She looks to the image, "I've reinforced the local guards and defenders, as well as put the Felis Knights on alert."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"We won't tolerate anyone coming in and breaking things in search of secrets, no," Alicia says firmly.

Anastasia

A smile as Antenora rests on Marie a moment, "Now then, how was your recent adventure?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Seira's idea worked. It didn't undo everything, but Garl Glittergold lives again, and Bytopia is soothed. Time will tell what else will come from this, but I think it can only be good," Alicia says.

"He's as nice as I expected," Marie chimes in. "We'll help him rebuild. He'll be a good friend to have."

Anastasia

"You succeeded just as I expected, my love," Antenora's smile grows, "Never doubt your own worth to be here - I saw your worth a long time ago."

Antenora then turns her head to Alicia, "I'm proud of her, Alicia. I'm so very proud of Marie."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Marie beams over Antenora's shoulder at all the praise.

"Yes she did very well today," Alicia says, happy to let her former familiar have the moment. "Every bit what we'd expect from a goddess of Sylica."