News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

The eternal battles forward

Started by Anastasia, May 02, 2020, 12:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Marie having showed Sylica her appreciation, takes Antenora's hand and pulls her down to give it a pat as well.

Meanwhile Alicia nods in greeting to Syala and explains, "Hearing from Vlaakith now about this mediation of Malcanthet's," before she replies to the psychic communication. 'I am willing to talk and will abide you as a neutral mediator. Are you neutral?'

Anastasia

'Yes. I have no interest in this matter,' is Vlaakith's reply. 'Is two day's time sufficient preparation?'
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

'It is,' she replies, keeping things short and to the point.

Anastasia

'Then come to Shir'kandor at the appointed time. Antenora knows the way,' Vlaakith sends back. 'Contact me with anything else.'

Meanwhile, Antenora pats the ground with a smile, "It understands, but at the same time, do you think Sylica understands this conversation as we do, Marie?" Her fingers slowly caress the ground. "Does its own nature prevent it from forming an avatar, or some other limitation we can only guess at?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia will ask Antenora about the way soon! But she's busy with Marie at the moment.

"Well, if you could be a whole world would you want to cram yourself down into the form of a single person?" Marie asks after smiling proudly at Antenora's pat.

Anastasia

Antenora turns with a little smile for Marie, "I don't know," she admits, "Marie, are my hugs worth cramming yourself down for?"

Meanwhile Syala watches this, and in your mind, 'What was that about, Alicia? You looked like your attention was taken.'
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Vlaakith," Alicia repeats. "She'll be hosting Malcanthet and I in two days for this mediation the succubus queen wants. We'll see what she has to bargain with soon enough."

Meanwhile Marie smiles at Antenora and says, "Don't you think Sylica gets to feel like its hugging us every moment with the ground under our feet, the air we breath, the sunshine on our skin?"

Anastasia

"Bold wench," Syala concludes, "Shall we send avatars then?"

Antenora reaches out and pokes Marie's nose, "That sounds like someone doesn't value my hugs."

> roll 1d100 low is good
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 low is good --> [ 1d100=5 ]{5}

Then Antenora smiles even more, "One of my faithful, Val, just survived an Aurilite attempt to punish her for her heresy from the Aurilite faith. Perhaps she'd appreciate a hug more than you, Marie."

Meanwhile it flickers in Marie's mind. Cecily Morris lets out a momentary mental prayer. She stands in a city square, dozens watching her. "The faith of Marielle! Let me tell you all about it," she declares, as she prays for a nimble tongue, a moment of if not stage fright, at least stage anxiety.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I was going to go myself, it feels too important to trust to an avatar," Alicia replies to Syala, shaking her head.

Meanwhile Marie just smiles, "I value them fine but you have to understand Sylica's perspective if you want to get anywhere here. Still give Val a hug from me anyway." Meanwhile she gives Cecily a bit of mental backup, encouraging her to be bold and without shame with nothing more than a feeling.

Anastasia

> roll 1d100 low is good
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 low is good --> [ 1d100=27 ]{27}

Just as well that 27 doesn't ribbit, huh?

Cecily clears her throat, and as they all watch in the early afternoon drizzle, "Marielle is light and love! She's creativity! She's inspiration! She's every morning you wake up in a good mood and the sun's out!" On she goes, picking up steam and keeping the people listening. Whew.

"I'll go with you," Antenora looks up from her reverie with Marie, a whisper into your ears that travels the distance like it isn't there. "I've been to one of these negotiations before, during a matter with Aurora."

"Then I'll go too," Syala decides, and with a little teasing look, "Three's always more fun than two."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Marie warps herself and Antenora up onto the balcony with Alicia and Syala, her mood lifted even further by Cecily talking up her virtues. "I'll stay here for the inevitable demon army that comes calling while you're all distracted," she volunteers.

"Well if anything like that happens I'll break things off and come running," Alicia says. "But yes, Vlaakith said you'd know the way," she nods to Antenora.

Anastasia

"This time titles won't matter so much," Antenora notes, with a scowl of disdain. "I vividly recall a discussion with Aurora, in where I emphasized any titles they may lawfully hold and use would matter, and the importance of social hierarchy markers with devils. Strength and resolve will suffice in place of grandeur. However, Vlaakith proved to be a neutral host, even if she did work for her own ends during it. I doubt she would betray us. Perhaps advance her own aims in any way she can here, but a betrayal is unlikely."

Syala puts an arm around Marie and adds, "We'll leave Sylica in good hands with you, Jessica and Latha. Even if Jessica's paying more attention to her children right now."  Then after that, "We know Malcanthet, we can discard all the pomp and circumstance."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Honestly I'm surprised she's going to this kind of trouble instead of just coming to us directly or through an intermediary to make an offer," Alicia admits. "Vlaakith claims to be neutral but considering how she covets divinity herself, and Malcanthet wants to know our secrets, I expect we'll see some pressure to give things away even if that's not the official purpose of the meeting."

Anastasia

Antenora inclines her head, "In the meantime, are there any preparations to be made for this?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I don't believe so, we'll take whatever's presented to us as it comes," Alicia says, not having anything in particular to prepare ahead of time for such a visit. "Unless you all have any ideas?"