News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Endless rise above

Started by Anastasia, May 04, 2020, 12:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Only positive ones, I hope? If there is anything you wish to discuss in person, I'll be happy to do so.

Anastasia

No. No, no, no, nothing like that. Dearie, I'm just checking in with you. Profits are quite fine so far, above projections. That representative of the Silverbrow Consortium does good work for you, don't let her go.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Yes, I am quite blessed to have her aid here. I hope I will see you at the Benediction of the Eggs when the time comes. I need to find an appropriate gift to bring for that, in fact... I'm certain I could find something suitable in Brightwater!

Anastasia

You can find anything in Brightwater! Just bring enough gold.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I will do just that when the time comes. He promises.

Anastasia

Splendid. I'll have an aid produce a list of recommended purchases. It will be a pleasure to do business with you.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

That does save him some effort in looking, so he will have to decide to return the favor and buy something nicer than he might otherwise do so.

Thank you. Please keep me abreast of anything further you wish to discuss.

Anastasia

Once done you fly on - only for Cresiel to be behind you one moment, in between the blinks of an eye. He says not a word, but is merely at the ready.

After a moment, "It could be said you are more of a target than ever," he confesses. "Those who have come to me protect without a second thought."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Considering that one assassin managed to get to Romiel some time ago without alerting anyone, I'm inclined to agree with you." Moore says. "But I don't think it could be anyone from Baator, since I think this place is especially protected against their interference."

Anastasia

"In truth you are safe here," Cresiel confesses, "But that is no reason to allow my vigilance to wane, lest we begin to allow you to go out alone and unprotected."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I will not fault you for your desire to protect someone." Moore says with a smile. "Come, then, if you wish to, there are a few things I need to check on."

Anastasia

Thus you move on. As you do?

> roll 1d100 low is good
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 81 > [d100=81]

"His name is Shauson," Cresiel begins without preamble. "He survived, barely." A pause, before he shakes his head. "He held the line long enough. I..." A hesitation, "Lord Zaphkiel told me it would not be easy."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Watching those who are in your care will never be." Moore says. "We have to believe that they will triumph, and, should the worst come to pass, we welcome them with open arms and let them proceed to what lies beyond for themselves."

Anastasia

"It is...personal." Cresiel says at last. "It is very personal."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Yes." Moore affirms. "But never shoulder the burden by yourself. We are all together, all here and united."