News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Endless rise above

Started by Anastasia, May 04, 2020, 12:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Hope's Landing is vibrant and alive before Moore.

Growth. Growth spirals out from the original fortress. Growth that you can see that extends for miles, your divinely enhanced vision stretching out so that you can see so much more. Hear so much more. You can hear the sounds of growth and of expansion - a harmony together, somehow in perfect tune as they assemble. You are able to see all work in a smooth pattern, linked together and unknown to them, yet your greater vision lets you glimpse it. A house is built just in time for painters to reach it, as a lot is cleared and stone is found elsewhere, the same stone needed for another wall, and that you can see it taken over there.

Hope.

Hope burns across Creation like a trillion bonfires set against the oncoming night. You sense these great gatherings of hope, of where beings cling to what they have, refuse to accept the shadows that surge forth everywhere. You see it as easily as you see the growth of Hope's Landing, as easily as each and every battle struggles to maintain themselves in a world of fading hope. Inspiration sparks amid it, moments to hold off the evils that threaten all of Creation.

You stand amid it, part of each and every one as your few faithful are like a constant whisper into your mind. Lune's soft whispers are heard in your mind, a prayer for strength as she goes forth to face bandits. You see hope stand tall and survive, and in other times you see hope only lead to the mists that pass souls from mortality to eternity, a dance that repeats itself forever and ever in your mind.

Does it suit you, Moore?

Few are truly well suited to divinity. For that any soul has the potential to become One in the Beyond, it requires a deep strength to endure and forge Creation afterwards.

To stand there with every triumph is something every soul can do. To kneel there and comfort the fallen, to take those souls to eternity and forgive them their failures demands much more. I have seen the measure of the divine, it is measured in defeat as much as victory.

At the same time your realm prospers, grows. Each beat of your heart sees more growth. You see Jetina's handiwork. Farther ahead a hospital forms, a place of sunshine and light. There is no scent of the ill or gloom of the grave here. Jetina's touch and the touch of those that study with her banish infirmity, end disease and conquer pain. Above it Cresiel hovers, as if to ward away any who would wish such a place harm.

A little away from this, in a secluded courtyard, you see Kaja, Sylvie and Calley. The latter challenges Kaja, two wooden practice swords swung at the half dragon. As you watch, a first few clumsy swings improve themselves. Grace forms with each swing as Calley intently focuses, his movements growing more like Kaja's every moment. Sylvie stands nearby and watches, as Kaja shoots her an unamused look. To this Sylvie smiles faintly and you hear her say, "I'm proud of him. I could hardly pick it up as fast."

Away from it all, as you feel ripples of hope, as an army of holy warriors faces down a legion of yugoloths, a moment in your mind's eye where the fate of an entire continent hangs in the balance? One of Xandra's faithful quietly merges in and joins them in battle, the call of a trumpet as they take to a glorious, dreadful crusade.

Yet each of you grow with it, rather than be crushed. I once chastised Eblis that mortals have already exceeded him. Mortals create their own things, see things we did not anticipate when we forged Creation into being.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

It's a bit overwhelming at first, even for someone who's seen so much already in the short time he's been exposed to all of this.

If there's anything that I've learned... it's that one must always be looking for tomorrow. I think that's a lesson that mortality teaches, that today is only one of many, and that tomorrow is shaped by your own actions.

There's so much to do... and I need to get started. That first step is always the hardest.

With that in mind... where does he begin? He has so much to do.

Assuming you have things going on here, but if you need me to do anything specific, I'll see if we've heard back on the Syllen pieces or not.

Anastasia

That's fine, there's going to be a bit of text before that.

Then look that way.

Lune strides forth, not far from Luremdale. With her are several men at arms, as they hurry towards the last known location of the bandits they seek. You see it in your mind's eye, crystal clear to you.

A battle Lune may well perish in. It will not be an easy one, the bandits are well trained and motivated by lusts for coin, treasure, foods and other desires of the flesh. More important than any other thing, what will you do shall that come to pass and the spark of life within Lune's breast falls dark?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

You reward those who were just in life and give them an opportunity to decide for themselves what they wish to do. He says, without a second thought.

Those who fight for the betterment of Creation deserve to be cherished, as I will cherish all who choose to live and die under my cause. I will not forget them, even if their own lands may do so one day.

Anastasia

Then let us see which aspect of your divinity is needed. Watch with me, Moore.

Let us hope together that Lune is triumphant.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore will dutifully fulfill this request!

Anastasia

> roll 1d100 low is good
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 3 > [d100=3]

Lucky.

Yet such a grim duty is not needed today. Before your eyes Lune leads them and ambushes the bandit camp. The attack is nigh perfect, a surprise that catches every last bandit off guard and a charge that shatters the camp's main resistance before it can begin. On this day at least hope triumphs, as the wicked are put to the blade and the captives there are freed. Treasure is recovered and foodstocks are saved. It will not be a starving winter now, at least not for them.

"Hope!" Lune calls to them all as they are freed, "Today, you are not forgotten!"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Hm, this is where he should do something, isn't it?

Maybe something simple...

It should be within his portfolio to give Lune a Good Hope spell for the next 24 hours, I'd think?

Things will not always be as fortunate, but one must learn from both successes and failures.

Anastasia

Quick clarifying question, who was that divine message aimed at?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Anastasia

Just so.

Eblis would not and could not do this. Had he been able to open his heart, to accept them, he would never have fallen. A lack of power compared to us does not mean a lack of meaning.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I am certain many individuals will debate the merits of Pride long after Creation is saved. The most important thing I think I can do is to continue to strive for the betterment of those around me, but especially to never be so clouded by my own ideals that I forget the rest of the world around me.

Anastasia

Then go. The wider world awaits you and there's still so much to be done.

We will talk again soon.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods and with that, will go and...

Well, for now, he still has all those letters from Sapphire to go through, but also he ought to pursue his leads with BLUE and the other creatures. Along with the rest of the lingering pieces from before... but what to tackle first?

I assume there are more interrupts happening, but I wanted to get the ball going.

Anastasia

This is a question that answers itself.

You aren't far before a voice is heard in your mind.

Hello there, Moore! I've gotten reports back from Hope's Landing.
<Afina> Forever.