News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Regeneration

Started by Anastasia, May 30, 2020, 10:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

"Ohhhh snacks!" Calleigh cheers.

'Don't spoil your dinner.' Tryll reminds casually as Calleigh dives off of Miranda's head to grab a glass that's half her size.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Welcome.

Dana pauses at that as everyone looks about. The voice comes from everywhere.

I am Zaphkiel, the seventh of the Hebdomad, and I ask you here for a great mission.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

"ohhhhboy it's the big boss angel." Calleigh says, putting the glass back down gingerly.

'Ah, greetings. Er, what can we do for you?' Tryll sounds flustered.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Benyen bows, "Master Zapkiel." Is all he says, perhaps wisely.

Miranda kneels, "Lord of Chronias," she says, head down, "Word of you is even known in Ysgard."

Dana looks on and takes a breath, "...fuck..." she manages before she puts her hands on her hips, "I'm not about to change a d-darn thing about myself!"

There is a presence here. Of light, overwhelming light. Of joy and happiness and rightness and connection and - it lasts only a split second.

Peace. Do not be afraid. Not even you, Dana.

"I'm not f-fucking afraid!" Dana snaps back, looking up. "I'm shaking because I w-want to!" Sure enough, you see her hands shake, visibly so.

You have spilled blood and life in defense of the defenseless. You have looked evil in the face and denied it. Your heart is not a black malice to afraid of me, Dana.

Peace.

At this Dana sits without another word and pours herself a glass of ambrosia. She guns it down without even looking at it.

Refresh yourselves if you will. We have much to discuss, and you will not find a finer refreshment in all of Creation.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Calleigh takes that as permission and eagerly grabs the glass again, shaking it at Tryll meaningfully. The pitcher rises from the table and fills her glass half-full, then resets itself. Calleigh immediately chugs gleefully.

'Thank you for taking the time to meet with us...? How can we be of help?'

Anastasia

The liquid is cool and sweet down Calleigh's throat. It brings to mind better times, happier days. Days of joy, days that seem as real as if you were there again. It brings simple happiness, suffusing her entire form.

I have sponsored you thus far in your growth.

Dana looks up at that, and with a half smile on her face, "No sh-no." A frown that doesn't last, "I mean, how do we make it happen more often? I've been wondering!"

Grow and develop yourselves, as you suspect. That is the key.

A moment where you feel a connection with Dana, sharp and sudden. A strong bond, forged stronger.

Node update, go read.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

There is indeed much to discuss, including the purpose of all of this.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Let's get down to it, then. What's going on?'

Anastasia

"I've wanted to know as well," Miranda agrees.

Yuth, so I know if you're familiar with this or not, have you read the Chronias topic over on the Answer board before?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

From here words follow. Words of great importance as...

To be clear, for the sake of sparing us about 10-20 pages of recap, Yuth has been caught up on the Chronias topic.

"...fuck us." Dana finally says, sitting back with a hand over her face.

"That's...about it." Miranda trails off lamely, going silent.

"Then we'll simply succeed at this plan," Benyen smiles widely. "We'll go, we'll conquer and we'll come home to a heroes welcome. You put your trust in us, and I won't let you down. It's not what a hero does."

The situation is dire, but your hope is a testament to your spirit, Benyen.

"And plus I've improved my equipment and I'm going to improve it more, so-"

In that moment you feel it. A connection to Benyen, sharp and new.

Node update for Benyen, go read and reply.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Got it.

'Agreed. When failure is not an option, success is inevitable. We simply will not fail.' Tryll concurs with finality.

"Yeah! We can't lose! If we do, all of Creation goes away! That's not good! Creation's where I keep my stuff!" Calleigh interjects, examining her cup.

Anastasia

Calleigh, a moment. Stand up and approach.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Um? Okay?" Calleigh puts down the cup and steps to the edge of the table. "What'd I do?"