News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Shadow rondo

Started by Anastasia, December 01, 2020, 09:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

"I don't know about the Crimson Firebrand returning, it seems far too convenient. But though I'd instinctively ask 'why now', the question doesn't fit, not with the godsrush and Shar on the move to enforce that prophecy. Now of all times is the best time for such a thing to happen, at least from the efreet point of view," Alicia concludes aloud, no one but Jessica able to hear her voice here.

Anastasia

With security assured, "I think that's why, ultimately. The Godsrush is unlike anything else that's happened since the beginning." Jessica agrees. "We may even need someone like that in Fire when the time comes, if he's willing to stand against Shar."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

"I often hear his contemporaries speak well of him even if they couch their praise," Alicia concurs. "We'll see. He still might prove an obstacle depending on his specific goals, but I'm content to let events play out there."

Anastasia

"Meanwhile, I also went to the Astral," Jessica goes on, "No great changes, but the events that have taken the Cauldron have been noticed. Nothing serious, and I believe Vlaakith is holding a very slow burning plan here. I believe if anything she's hunting for divine seeds. But...at least it's quiet there."

Going on after that, "Celestia is still in a state of religious fervor, more than usual, and it's building." Here Jessica smiles, "Doubtless one of Zaphkiel's omens as well as to  prepare Celestia for what is to come. To paraphrase Zaphkiel, as I asked him rather than guess. In particular news of several new gods spreads."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"It better spread, any that are unknown now better be using obscurity to some kind of advantage," Alicia says. "There are still a few seeds extant, we shouldn't completely dismiss the ability of someone sufficiently motivated to find them ahead of us. I'm concerned the one in Elysium is being left hanging for so long, someone might challenge the arch-angels for it if Moore doesn't satisfy their requirements."

Anastasia

"Antenora's over there, send her a message about it," Jessca suggests. "Also," Going right on from that, "Bytopia's beginning to get visitors. Slowly, but soon enough it'll be rejuvenated. Garl has so much to do, and when this is over, we'll have to help him make it right. Perhaps sooner if he's threatened again."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Marie's often over there, she's spending a lot of time helping Garl catch up and learning from him," Alicia says, content that avenue is well looked after.

Anastasia

"Elysium is Elysium, but I stopped into Dweomerheart. It's subtle, but Mystra's greatly increased security." Jessica goes on, "We talked and sister? I suppose she feels like it's not proper for her to confide in her servitor deities, but we aren't included in that. She's worried about what's coming. Dweomerheart begins to reflect her mood. I saw more war magic being practiced there than I have in my other visits, and even saw a few martial drills for those spellcasters of that persuasion. It's clear that Mystra's preparing for war."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"It's a shame I can't take that burden from her, but she's right to be worried and I'm glad she's preparing," Alicia says, nonetheless a bit saddened that Dweomerheart can't be merely a place of wonder and peace.

Anastasia

"It's Shar's fault," Jessica agrees, "As for Arborea, I've heard stories. Nothing I saw or could confirm, but of great elven ancestors appearing for the first time in a great many years."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia just hums in response to that, it's not really much to go on or react to. "There's a lot to hide in those woods, we can trust the elves see the same omens and are preparing themselves."

Anastasia

"It's why I didn't look too closely," Jessica agrees, "If you find it interesting, investigate yourself." Going on from that, "As for Ysgard, it's Ysgard. I've heard a rogue gorgon has stirred and made trouble far in the deeper layers. She's lead stone golem forces that have routed several armies now. But..." Jessica says, "She's lead by a follower of Tempus named Colke."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"That's an interesting name to hear again," Alicia says. "The one who found what he feared?"

Anastasia

"Yes," Jessica agrees, "But it gets better and more confusing." She goes on, "I also went by Arcadia. Not for long, nothing ever happens in Arcadia. Except I listened to a bard while resting briefly and he spoke of a woman he met - named Colke, an avenger. The other Colke was a man in all the tellings I heard."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"To be fair, names aren't entirely unique," Alicia says. "Colke is a somewhat unusual one, but still any one plane is big enough for a dozen of them."