News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Fairy waltz

Started by Anastasia, December 01, 2020, 09:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

You've made it to level 37, Moore.

I'd like a run down of your todos, if any, so I can better sort out your coming events.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

We have the pending meeting with The Adversary, so that's first on the list.

Other than that, I'm pausing in any direct dealings until we can find out what's going on with the last piece of the Wheel. Once we assemble it we can get started on a few other projects.

Side things:

Waiting on the Syllen pieces from Dis, but that's probably a non-starter anyway, but we'll keep waiting.
I need to talk to Antenora about rescuing some souls from Leonar.
I also recall Crystalle had asked us about a Ring of Air Elemental Command a long time ago. We can probably track one down for him.

Anastasia

Okay, refresh me on who is going with you to the Adversary thing, and if you have any preparations to make about it. I thin Antenora's going, and if so, we may discuss the Leonar thing first as a simple matter of her being here anyway.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore, Antenora and Sylvie.

Moore's going to buff everyone with Inspire Excellence on Charisma and Intellect, so everyone gets +16 to their Charisma and Intellect scores, totaling a +8 bonus.
With that he's also going to do Song of Fortune and Inspire Competence for +22 on skill checks - those effects last for 10 minutes each, we can do those right before we get to the location and I can refresh them by just talking during this, so the Surge of Hope buffs probably don't matter.

That's it for buffs on other people for the most part, unless Antenora has any she suggests here.

EDIT: We will hit the Blessing Stone just to be safe, that gives the following: Epic Mage Armor (CL24), Mind Blank (CL17) and Afina's Perfect Sight (CL27).

Anastasia

As you get ready to prepare, Antenora and Sylvie chat. "Oh, and there's that other business," Sylvie says, "Moore, it's a perfect chance to bring it up."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore snaps his fingers. "Right." He says with a nod. "This was something that started back in my Aurora days - there's a soul I promised to rescue... it's apparently in the clutches of Leonar. I've never exactly made any sojourns to Baator to rescue souls before, so I wanted to discuss the idea with you to better understand what that process even looked like. I realize Leonar's pretty deep in there, so it isn't exactly going to be an easy matter to accomplish."

Anastasia

"Vastly difficult," Antenora agrees with that, "Leonar is an old, powerful Duke of Hell with many allies. If you went to where he resides you'd have to challenge him in the frozen wastes of Cania."

"Which sounds like you're suggesting you make him come to us somehow," Sylvie agrees.

"It's far from that easy, but that would be superior," Antenora concedes, "More than anything else, stealth and nondetection would be paramount. If Mephisto noticed you on his layer, he'd have to respond."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Well, there's not much of a way to hide us like that as we are now." Moore says. "Well.. that we know of, but maybe we can investigate some way around that. There's exceptions to every rule, after all." Moore says.

"But... well, are you suggesting we just were to challenge him for the souls in some capacity at all and he'd have to give them up if we won?" He asks.

Anastasia

"If he'd agree to ti in a binding contract," Antenora muses, before she gives you a severe look, "If you can get him to agree to that."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "It's something to consider and investigate for the future. If you decide to make any crusades to Hell in that regard, do let me know. I'd be happy to support your endeavors." A smile before his own serious look comes back. "I think that's everything before we meet with him."

I don't have anything else pending for right this second on this.

Anastasia

Mechanus.

The noise of the gears is a melody that is faintly distasteful to your ears. Something about it is off as you listen to it, in a sparse but not uncomfortable sitting room. A wait here, plain decorations, just fractal art on the walls. Images of lines and patterns, Antenora inspects them as you wait. Sylvie is merely content to sit, awaiting what is to come.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Hm, maybe it's the Prophecy? He wonders.

I wonder if he'll come with anyone else.

Moore is content to sit and wait as well, knowing that the reason they're waiting is likely both a strategic move as well as a symbolic one.

He will refresh all the songs if they wait more than 5 minutes.

Anastasia

20 minutes pass. Still no sign of him. Antenora waits with silent patience as...

How long can you keep the music up?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

After the first 5 minutes, he wouldn't refresh them until they were going to wear out at 10, so... let's see. 120 minutes.

If we wait another 40 minutes without him showing up we can decide if we're going to entertain this at all.

Anastasia

40 minutes pass.

"So," Sylvie breaks the silence, "Has he stood us up, or is he waiting out Moore?"

"He will not stand us up," Antenora says, "But this? It is a statement. A challenge." She gestures ta Moore, "Your skills are well known from Aurora and more recent deeds."
<Afina> Forever.