News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Parade

Started by Anastasia, January 18, 2022, 10:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

The flight of dragons is a fearful, beautiful thing.

Seira watches from a balcony as they fly. Donald stands behind her in full armor. He's quiet as they fly before, in a murmur, "Somehow when I fly I never get that sort of reaction." He gestures below at the crowds of the Cauldron, who watch the dragons with rapt interest. The warm sunlight of Bytopia shines down on this all, a dual light that does not cease.

Lady Sanzha sits next to Seira and sips at a glass of pure water. Her eyes are closed, yet she murmurs, "I can hardly imagine why." Her voice is perfectly even and level, only the slightest hint of mirth in them.

"I know," Donald goes on, "One of the mysteries!" Gesturing out at the dragons, "Maybe I have to become even luckier. That might fix it."

"Why don't you go ask Garl that question?" Lady Sanzha asks, "He has the wisdom of ages."

"Maybe," Donald banters back, smiling as he focuses on Seira. "What do you think, Seira?"

"After this long I'm surprised you have to ask," Lady Sanzha comments airily, "But I suppose the obvious is oft difficult, or Creation would be a far simpler place."

"Well yeah," Donald goes on, "Besides, Seira's old enough to have the wisdom of the ages as well, right?" A glance at her, "Well, in human years. Maybe not in elf or dragon years. But that's the best part of being a blend. You can choose which work best for you."

This is your setup, just a chance to warm up before things get going.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"The wisdom of ages is easily emulated with a simple spell, anyway," Seira says with a grin of her own. "As for making the right sort of impression on others, just do what I do and show up with your avatars when you really want to leave a mark on the viewer. Worked on Lixer!"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

A soft chuckle from Sanzha as she finishes her water and puts it aside. "Perhap-"

All of that fades into the background for a moment. Of all the voices in Bytopia that you are in range to hear, of those in the Cauldron. One in the crowd whispers, "Greetings from the Queen of Dragons, Seira Aryn. Are you listening?"

A man. A human. Plain. Average height, brown hair, brown eyes. Mundane. Mundane clothes, a merchant's but not flashy. Something that wouldn't get a second look in the Cauldron.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

One imagines she could've contacted her directly, Seira doesn't really block divine callers. Still, she does listen while focusing closer on the speaker's surroundings. If this is some sort of violent demonstration of power, she'll need to protect the bystanders.

Anastasia

He's just one of many, but no signs of immediate danger.

"She wishes to treat with you in three hours," he goes on. "In the Astral. Be at the closest landmass straight out of the Cauldron's location in the Astral."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira assigns an avatar to watch this man via divine powers to make sure he doesn't get up to no good for the time being, even as she suddenly voices to her two friends, "I think Tiamat just asked me out. You know how there are these elite noble girl academies where someone confesses by leaving you a letter? They're really popular in elven countries! Anyway, she sent me an average totally mundane nonflashy merchant letter asking me to meet her behind the Cauldron after classes."

Anastasia

"Are you sure you should be telling us this?" Donald hums aloud, "Amaryl might get upset."

Sanzha, on the other hand, exhales softly. "You do know it has even odds of being a trap, a distraction or some other lure."

"That's what makes it interesting," Donald counters right back, "Someone wants you in a certain place at a certain time."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Draconic pride means I should be there in person," Seira responds, ignoring silly innuendo. Like Amaryl would be fooled! "Want to come as avatars? There's no reason to leave our home uncovered by having everyone attend properly. She'll posture, we'll posture, maybe some interesting gossip will cross over disguised as cunning insults. Sounds like lots of fun!"

Anastasia

"My afternoon's free," Donald agrees, "I could use a change of pace."

Sanzha merely nods and with that...

So you're going. Okay, any prep for your trip out?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

No. Seira will keep the daylong precast spells, but no special prep will happen.
Those spells are: Bibliotheca Arcana, Mind Blank, Detect Scrying, Pass Without Trace, Greater Anticipate Teleport, Nondetection, Many Moments of Prescience, Moment of Prescience, Visions of the Future.
Huh, there's a lot of daylong spells.

Anastasia

Reminder to use italics for OOC on board posting. Thanks.

As you head out...

Give me a d100 real quick.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

20:53 <Seira> roll 1d100
20:53 <Rei-chan> Seira rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=91 ]{91}

Anastasia

Your trip is largely uneventful. As you fly along, closer and closer...?

Chance to cast anything shorter duration or just continue on.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Tiamat's a trustworthy demon goddess, but sure, let's precast Sensual Blessing to have better senses. That's all, though.

Anastasia

The three of you approach. The landmass now has a sturdy, large tent set on it. Any who saw it may pay it no mind, but to your gaze it crackles with arcane energy. Potent energy, strong energy.
<Afina> Forever.