News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Training and application of the mind(Natsume thread)

Started by Anastasia, August 18, 2004, 12:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnight Sun

"Yes, sensei," she answers after bowing immediately. "I believe I am very close, but I still require more practice."

Anastasia

He nods, "If your efforts are coming along this well...display your prowess, Natsume," Grandfather says, dropping into the solemn teacher role with ease. "Show me what your young, vital ki can do."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Midnight Sun

"Yes, sensei," she replies. 'Lets hope I put on a better performance than last time...'

Like the first time, she raises both arms and focuses her attentions on the ki that envelops them. Her target is the same shinai rack she first used for practice.

'I already know I can grab onto one with my ki, I just need to try lifting it now,' she thinks.

Her brow creases as she wills the small tendrils to extend from her aura. Slowly, methodically, she inches them forward. It is no less painful than last time, but at least now she is getting used to the exertion, she doubted her aura would suddenly fail her like last time, at least not as soon.

'Just have to keep focus...'

She crosses the gap after several stretched seconds, managing to grasp one with equal success. Now came the hard part, trying to move the object now that she had her 'hands' on it......

Anastasia

There is a struggle, as your energy meets the cold weight of the blade...grasping it...

Pulling on it...yet as if by a miracle, it slowly rises up into position as if in your own very hand!
<Afina> Forever.

Midnight Sun

'YES!' she cheers internally. 'Just a little more, just have to bring toward myself...'

Not dropping her concentration, she slowly carries the shinai back towards herself, being extra careful not to loosen the grasp her tendrils have on it.

Anastasia

It returns ever so slowly, as you carefully retract and retake the ki ventured forth into you. Inches on inches pass by as your branceoff shrinks away, untill...

It's done. You hold it in your own, solid, real hand as if you had walked over and taken it yourself.
<Afina> Forever.

Midnight Sun

Natsume breathes a deep sigh of relief as she takes in the practice sword in her hand. She was quite sure the attempt would fail.

"Currently, this has been the fruit of my training, sensei," she declares as she turns back to her grandfather.

Anastasia

Nodding, "This is good, Natsume. Already, you show potential with this..." voice trailing off, he nods. "You begin to understand..."
<Afina> Forever.

Midnight Sun

"I still find it difficult to create and move them, but I hope I can overcome that obstacle through more training," Natsume explains. "Hopefully I reach a high enough level that I could perform the 1,000 Horde slash technique..."

"In which case, sensei," she continues. "I was hoping you could demonstrate the technique one more time..."

Anastasia

A chuckle there, "Now, Natsume...I only use the techquince when I fight seriously," he notes. "I bent the rules once to help you...but if you wish to see it again...

On guarde?" he asks, a ki sword appearing in his hands. "Granddaughter, can you withstand even the worst and learn all the while?"
<Afina> Forever.

Midnight Sun

"We shall see, sensei," she responds, creating her own ki sword.

Anastasia

Nodding, and moving with speed that still rivals that of the foes you faced from that supernatural ice storm, Grandfather strikes out at you!

* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 2d6 and gets 9."

* Hatbot --> "Mugetsu rolls 2d6 and gets 3."

Striking out fiercely, his sword meets yours as you automatically go into a defensive post, holding his blade back an inch from your face. "Come on, Natsume," he taunts, "Surely my heir can do better than just block?"
<Afina> Forever.

Midnight Sun

Without a word, Natsume pushes off against her grandfather's blade to gain some distance between them. She then pushes forward with as much power as her legs can provide and aims sweeping slash toward her sensei's side.

Anastasia

* Hatbot --> "Mugetsu rolls 2d6 and gets 9."

While your strike is good, he shows supernatural speed, flowing like a stream to the side! Without wasting a single step, he drops into a kneel, a sweeping slash aimed at your ankles!

* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 2d6 and gets 7."

* Hatbot --> "Mugetsu rolls 2d6 and gets 9."

The slice opens shallow cuts across your lower ankles, the top of your socks neatly bisected! Blood trickels from these, even as your Grandfather rises. "Natsume," he thunders, "Do not be so absorbed in this that you forget the basics of protecting your legs!"

(Edit - only 9 damage, as he's holding back in a spar.)
<Afina> Forever.

Midnight Sun

Natsume cringes as the sting of the cuts flare as she hops back. He could have easily cut her feet clean off if he wanted to. It was a stern reminder just what kind of opponent she was up against.

'He moves so quickly,' Natsume thinks, her mind racing to come up with a strategy. 'How does he do it? There must be some method to it...'

Everytime they sparred she felt like the tortoise to it his hare. If she wanted to get closer to his level, she would have to be able to at least get within his range.

'He must be using ki somehow, normal human muscles just shouldn't be able to accomodate such speed, especially at his age,' she thinks. 'Maybe if I could see how he does it...'

She tries to concentrate on her sight. She could see his manifested sword easily enough, if she could only see the rest of his aura, then maybe she would have a clue...