News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

The state and being of a thunderbolt (Natsume thread)

Started by Anastasia, October 11, 2004, 11:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Thus, Ami is gone.

It's a short walk back to your dwelling, the cold of the night trying it's best to distract you from any musings you may have. For that matter, so is Kurumi, who is enjoying an extra mochi as you come in, staring out the living room window at the still and snow remnants-crusted evening.

She turns, smiling and wiping a dab of food from her lip. "That went well, didn't it," she asks. "Did your guest have fun?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Midnight Sun

"She says she did," Natsume answers with a halfway smile. "By the smile on her face I'd be apt to believe her."

Anastasia

Nibbling on her snack, Kurumi nods. "Natsume," she smiles warmly to you, broadly. "Want to gossip to your sister," she asks simply. "Why'd you have Ami over and make it such a big deal, really?"
<Afina> Forever.

Midnight Sun

"Ah...eheh, yeah that would come off as pretty weird wouldn't?" Natsume begins with a nervous laugh. "Well, theres no point in trying, and failing, to be discrete about it anymore..."

She sits down next to Kurumi and takes a deep breath and preparation for what is about to come spewing out of her mouth.

"Ami...means alot to me, more so than just friendship," she explains. "Its not really anything...serious, I guess, at this point. Right now we're just trying it out, and hope something beautiful blooms from it. If that makes any sense."

Anastasia

Kurumi listens well enough, nodding at the end. Her smile is unperterbed, almost artificially so. "Oh, I see...." she nods to you again. "You mean that you and her...are...having a teenage indiscretion?" she phrases it.
<Afina> Forever.

Midnight Sun

"Teenage indiscretion?" Natsume repeats. It certainly was as good a term as any, she supposed. "Yeah, I guess you could say that. Just without the hot body contact, so far at least."

Which kept it from being a TOTAL live action J-drama, but it was damn close.

Anastasia

That gets a cough from your sister, a small blush working. "So, it's just in the beginning stages," she asks, putting aside the remnants of the mochi. "I wouldn't tell Grandfather, though...it it's just a silly teenage thing, there's no need to get him riled up, is there?"
<Afina> Forever.

Midnight Sun

Silly teenage thing? She certainly was not expecting that.

"R...right, good idea," Natsume agrees. "I wasn't my intention to spread the word around Japan anyway. I'm more than satisfied with keeping it between us."

She stares in silence at her younger sister for a moment, trying to figure out how to form the next question.

"Kurumi...what is your opinion on...these kinds of relationships?" she asks. "Like the one Ami and I are...trying to have."

Anastasia

"I think it's kind of cute," Kurumi smiles. "Since a good boyfriend is so hard to get, I can understand two girls needing the support from each other until they get good boyfriends," she explains to you. "Two of my friends did the same thing for awhile...Sakuya and Miho were so cute for that summer, until Miho met Daisuke and they started going steady."
<Afina> Forever.

Midnight Sun

Cute...she thinks its cute...like a passing fad kind of cute...

"I...see, well, um, thats wonderful for her," Natsume comments a bit off the subject. "So you don't think that kind of relationship could last?"

Anastasia

"Well..." Kurumi pauses, tapping her side as she thinks. "I guess it could, but that would make you a lesbian, and you'd never get married," she says plainly, before blinking. "Er, wait..." Kurumi blushes. "Is that what you're trying to say?"
<Afina> Forever.

Midnight Sun

Wonderful, this just got a zillion times more complicated...

"Ah...aha, well, not necessarily," Natsume said with another nervous laugh. "Who knows, it'll probably be just a passing thing like you said."

Though she very much hoped it wouldn't.

"Don't worry, I was just curious," Natsume said. "Well, anyway...I should be probably be heading to bed, all of tonight's excitement has me beat..."

Anastasia

Seemingly satifsed with that answer, "Well, you'll find out, I guess," Kurumi finally nods. "I hope it goes well...but don't tell Grandfather unless you're serious with her? I don't know how he'll take it."
<Afina> Forever.

Midnight Sun

"Well, he might be very traditional, but I'm sure he'll understand if love is involved," Natsume said. She could already taste her mouth souring up from the steady stream of bullshit that statement carried. "Then again it's probably just wishful thinking..."

Anastasia

"I know he will, if that's what you want," Kurumi agrees hopefully. "I...I don't know what to think about it yet," she admits, her cheery face slipping for the first time. "But if it's what you want...he won't disown you. You mean too much to him for that. He may not be happy, but he won't turn you away.

I think."
<Afina> Forever.