News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinom Bre

"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Sinom Bre on November 06, 2011, 06:06:33 AM
Quote from: Brian on November 06, 2011, 06:05:02 AM
No caffeine for two weeks starting Monday.
For Iddy or you?

I do not partake of caffeine. I don't drink soda nor coffee.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Sinom Bre

I wasn't sure who he was referring to.
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Brian

For me.  Every so often I start to get to the point where I get horrible migraines from drinking too much coffee (these crazy hours aren't helping).  When that happens, usually time to stop for a while and let my system clear itself out.  Bleah.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

sarsaparilla

My body is fundamentally coffee incompatible. One cup and I'll get jittery, two cups and I'll feel really sick for the rest of the day. Not a big loss, then, that it tastes about as bitter as alder bark, too.

Dracos

Never got into it.

Now sugar addiction... :P
Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

Quote from: Dracos on November 06, 2011, 04:57:40 PM
Now sugar addiction... :P

Ugh, all the Seven-Elevens in my area seem to be on Phase III of the worldwide sugar addiction conspiracy...

I pour myself a cup of tea and the cashier is all "hey, two donuts for a dollar"!

*snarl*

Been through this before... do not want donuts shoved at me! Particularly do not want the kind of donuts that you sell for 50 cents apiece!

There, that's my dose of bitching for today.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Brian

Coffee is very much an acquired taste.  Like Earl Gray.  :x

~exploding tag~

Jason_Miao

I find that I can drink large amounts of good oolong tea, even though I do not handle large portions of coffee very well.  This may sound odd, since fresh brewed tea tends to have a higher caffeination level than coffee (or so I'm told), but it seems to hold true.  Once you've cleared your system of coffee, you may want to consider trying tea, if you're just looking to wake up.

I don't know about english teas, since I dislike drinking those.  If you experiment with those, let me know.

Anastasia

I've never been able to tolerate coffee and have habitually disliked tea. Yet I slurp diet soda down like it's going out of style.

Go figure.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

Well -- in my case, coffee is a biterant, so useful for regulating my gallbladder.  Other than that, drinking (ugh) 4-5 cups of coffee is suggested to help prevent future risk of heart failure or liver damage after drinking alcohol.

So, work late, coffee the next morning, drink that evening, coffee the next morning, etc.

I also enjoy tea, though am moving away from English tea and towards green tea, as that seems to have superior health benefits....

~exploding tag~

Brian

Uuuuugh.  Too depressed. -_-

Quitting the board for a few weeks to clear my head and focus on work -- good luck all.

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Quote from: Brian on November 07, 2011, 11:48:23 AM
Uuuuugh.  Too depressed. -_-

Quitting the board for a few weeks to clear my head and focus on work -- good luck all.

G'luck man. Cheer up and keep your chin up through it.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

mrgh.  Drama.

Mrgh work.  Also Mrgh people that just really aggressively don't bother to know what's going on.  Seriously, there was 2 filed bugs today on the build system that basically amounted to "You changed shit, yes it needs to build.  That's normal."  Apparently it was widespread to turn off the do you want to build...so much so that when folks had that setting off, they panicked and declared things broken.  I get that they don't know what's going on.  But really, is panicking and bug reporting really the way to go?

Also mrgh, recently went and tried In and Out again.  It really is quite horrible.  I now shall look down on all who eat it willingly.  It's below McDonald's quality in both fries and burger, and McDonald's isn't a high quality mark.

Mrgh, drama times two.
Well, Goodbye.

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Dracos on November 07, 2011, 05:05:53 PM
mrgh.  Drama.

Mrgh work.  Also Mrgh people that just really aggressively don't bother to know what's going on.  Seriously, there was 2 filed bugs today on the build system that basically amounted to "You changed shit, yes it needs to build.  That's normal."  Apparently it was widespread to turn off the do you want to build...so much so that when folks had that setting off, they panicked and declared things broken.  I get that they don't know what's going on.  But really, is panicking and bug reporting really the way to go?

Also mrgh, recently went and tried In and Out again.  It really is quite horrible.  I now shall look down on all who eat it willingly.  It's below McDonald's quality in both fries and burger, and McDonald's isn't a high quality mark.

Mrgh, drama times two.

Mrgh, eat chocolate, feel better.
Mrgh, eat more chocolate, get fat, bitch about gaining weight.
Mrgh, eat chocolate, feel better.
^_^