News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edward

Of course they hate you; you're the chief mod in Puragatory.
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

KLSymph

Sure, but is it just me? Or did we switch chatrooms and nobody told me? Why does nobody ever tell me? You horrible people.

Edward

Shhh, nobody tell KL where we really are.  :D

Not sure what the problem is, I can get onto the channel.  If it makes you feel any better the channel is dead.  90% of it is Postbot saying you and I are posting to this forum thread.  Most of the rest is ping timeouts and rejoins.

Since you're so busy, maybe you could give me a little C&C.  It's probably less dire than the stuff you have to read on AA.
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

KLSymph

Ah, yes. I was going to do it over the weekend but my cousin hogged the computer so I distracted myself with twenty-some episodes of Nanoha StrikerS and eight books of Death Note. I have an exam tomorrow, so I don't think I can do much good C&C at this moment either. Maybe tomorrow. As for "less dire", yes, but that just means I can't just scan it and stamp "fail" on it. Which is good, of course.

Dracos

That stamp of yours must be worn out.

When's your birthday again?  We'll all pitch in and get you a new one.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

Is there anything more pathetic than being caught between two passive aggressive people in the middle of an argument?

Dracos

Many things, but not killing them is pretty high.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Brian

I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Brian

My own fault.  I'd been cheating on my timecards.

That sounds worse than it is.  See, I like to go home early, so I'd often skip my lunches.  This would get my boss in trouble, though, so I'd claim to have taken a lunch that I actually didn't.  But, I didn't like not getting paid for a half hour (my lunch), so I just claimed to have stayed half an hour later than I had.  My direct boss, and her boss were cool with this.

But the guys at the head office, once they saw that, the time I missed for my injury, the time I was sick, and then the personal days I took for family issues....  No more job for Brian. :\

Also, I'm not eligible for unemployment.

And this font is still totally invisible against the quick-reply background.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Huh.

I'm mostly glad my time cards are more of a 'this is when you were in' fashion.  "9-12" "12:30-6" etc.

Weird about the font though.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Brian on November 11, 2007, 10:29:13 PM
My own fault.  I'd been cheating on my timecards.

That sounds worse than it is.  See, I like to go home early, so I'd often skip my lunches.  This would get my boss in trouble, though, so I'd claim to have taken a lunch that I actually didn't.  But, I didn't like not getting paid for a half hour (my lunch), so I just claimed to have stayed half an hour later than I had.  My direct boss, and her boss were cool with this.

But the guys at the head office, once they saw that, the time I missed for my injury, the time I was sick, and then the personal days I took for family issues....  No more job for Brian. :\

Also, I'm not eligible for unemployment.

Shit. That's is just bad luck; I wouldn't blame yourself for something your two immediate bosses signed off on. I suspect that the days off sunk you, not the half hours.  Further, I think federal law prevents time off for injuries on the job(Workman's comp claims, ect) from being held against you. Then again, the latter two could be enough depending on the job's employment policy...

Or hell, maybe you just ran into a sour bean counter up the chain. Happens. Any lines on a new job yet?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

Still not out of the feeling-sorry-for-myself phase.

I redid my resume, and I think I'll use the down-time to get some dental work done before my coverage vanishes.  I'll start looking seriously on Tuesday.  I have a car now, so I can get a real job.  This is probably actually a good thing, but....

Bleah.

~exploding tag~