News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Stupid boss headaches around switching a single day off SUCK.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

DY

Just got back from a great cruise in Europe and awesome weather. Currently it's raining in Michigan and around 50 something degrees...>.>
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Anastasia

I'm on vacation...and I'm getting hives. Fuck.
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

Yesterday, after a power-surge/outage (one of the circuits in the house blew), my system started randomly bluescreening.  Rolled back to the saved state before the power issues, no joy.  Replaced many drivers, even installed SP2 (for Vista) ... problem persists.

Only seems to happen with games, so either it's RAM that standard applications don't touch, or my video card.  Hoping it's somehow just a software issue, and have spent all of this morning reinstalling my OS ... good times. :|
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

I spent an entire day navigating memory corruption on a multilanguage application.

And then arrived to pages of rule disputes.  :(
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Brian on June 04, 2009, 04:48:12 PM
Yesterday, after a power-surge/outage (one of the circuits in the house blew), my system started randomly bluescreening.  Rolled back to the saved state before the power issues, no joy.  Replaced many drivers, even installed SP2 (for Vista) ... problem persists.

Only seems to happen with games, so either it's RAM that standard applications don't touch, or my video card.  Hoping it's somehow just a software issue, and have spent all of this morning reinstalling my OS ... good times. :|

Yeargh, that's horrific. Did you have any luck fixing it?
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

I reinstalled my entire OS, which meant reinstalling and configuring everything I had -- my last option to try and fix the system.

Unfortunately, no, SOME PART of my hardware is bad.  And, bottom line, I do not have the money to fix it.  I have a very expensive paperweight that occasionally may double as a word-processor for brief periods of time.  No solution will be timely, and no solution will be free (other than doing without a computer).

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Quote from: Brian on June 06, 2009, 07:01:15 PM
I reinstalled my entire OS, which meant reinstalling and configuring everything I had -- my last option to try and fix the system.

Unfortunately, no, SOME PART of my hardware is bad.  And, bottom line, I do not have the money to fix it.  I have a very expensive paperweight that occasionally may double as a word-processor for brief periods of time.  No solution will be timely, and no solution will be free (other than doing without a computer).

Argh. Bummer.  Still cash strapped and jobless?
<Afina> Forever.

Ranma_007

My laundry machine might be broken, thus involving several trips to the laundromat. Ugh!

Brian

That is rapidly becoming an eternal state in this economy.  It's like misanthropes aren't liked, for some reason....

~exploding tag~

Ranma_007

Those *censored* asshats!

Work monkeys give me a poor performance review on a project that was outside of my control.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Jon

One and a half hour long netsplit is pretty lame. Only good thing is it was late at night when nobody was talking anyway.

Merc

Increeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedibly PISSED with my local walgreens pharmacy and whomever the idiot in charge of my medication history at my doctor is, if not my doctor himself.

As I've mentioned, I'm going to be out of the country (going to Peru this friday) and going to be gone for a while. At my last doctor appointment I -specifically- mentioned this and asked if there was going to be any problems with getting prescription for long enough to last me through my time out of the country. I was assured there would be no problems. I also asked this at the pharmacy when I last went a month ago and was again told there should be no problems, I'd just have to pick it up before I left on my trip.

Today, I called doctor's office so they can get my prescription refill going, they call me to verify my prescription, and I -again- state the fact that I'm going for a month, and I need 5 weeks worth of medicine in case of an emergency. I am also asked to clarify my prescription (I take two different quantities of same medicine, 0.2MG once a week, 0.175MG once a day the rest of the week) and I do so. Sounds like everything is going fine and I'm told they'll make the order before the end of the day.

Except I just returned from the walgreens pharmacy, where they insist my prescription is -wrong- and I'm supposed to take 0.2MG twice a week, and that insurance -won't- pay for fifth week, meaning it came out of MY pocket....and worse they would hear nothing of what my prescription is or the fact that I have enough leftover 0.2MG medicine to last me two months, thus -forcing- me to buy the crap when I specifically stated I DID NOT NEED 0.2MG AT ALL. And unfortunately, I am forced to do so because I am out of the 0.175MG and -need- to have that for tonight, and they would not hand it over without the 0.2MG. And of course, as the order was done at the end of the day, this means I could not call doctor's office to fix shit tonight.

Thankfully, the fact that my trip is not until friday means that I have tomorrow to waste on stupid retarded shit like calling my doctor over my prescription (I would -THINK- I know my own goddamn prescription, especially when I'm asked to clarify it and am not told I'm incorrect, hell just the fact that I was asked to clarify how I was taking it kinda points one way....) order, the insurance company over this fifth week out of my pocket, and the fact that this walgreens store is waaay in my shit list and I'm probably not shopping there again except for getting this shit fixed. Still going to be a -wasted- morning on crap like this when I could be doing other stuff.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.