News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Tell 'em off and take your business elsewhere. It's all you can do.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Getting people to show up in meetings is a pain in the ass.

So is making things work 'just right'.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

My reccomendation for a good book was met with hate and rage over a technicality (it is two volumes, not one).  This, evidently, induces hate.  I can't help but feel targeted since it was my reccomendation that engenders such negativity.

I'm already severely agoraphobic.  All I need is less reason to communicate with other people at this point.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Brian

I lost my job.  Though, I guess that actually happened last week.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

I think I've made an enemy or three and ignored gathering allies to my cause.  :(  Oh well.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Brian on September 01, 2009, 02:53:44 PM
I lost my job.  Though, I guess that actually happened last week.

That was quick. What happened?
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

Quote from: Anastasia on September 02, 2009, 02:30:25 AMThat was quick. What happened?
I have an unfortunate lack of tolerance for managers that swear at me or make threats.  That he did it to the entire department....

~exploding tag~

DY

While I'm glad to be in grad school, sitting for 4 hours in a small classroom being bored to death sucks.
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Merc

My computer's video card crapped out and died.I thought at first, not so horrible, I have time to pick up a new one, and I'd been considering upgrading my old one and adding more memory, so what the hell, this just encourages me to head to Frys sooner rather than later.

It's been -pouring- rain, rain and MORE rain lately here in Houston, so the drive was a bit nasty, but once I got to the store, things looked good, due to weekend sales. Memory was on sale (only $5 off, but eh, it's something), and a GTX 260 was $70 off. It looked like a nice mid-range selection for myself, definitely better than what I had, so took it.

...Unfortunately, here's where my not shopping for my computer very often rears its ugly head and bites me in the foot, as I forgot to take into consideration increased power consumption. This soon became apparent, unfortunately, because new card isn't exactly helping me much, now is it? Here's a hint, I'm on my laptop.

Apparently the GTX 260 recommends 525W power supply minimum. Looking at my 450W power supply... le sigh.

And more unfortunately, I may not have time to head out this weekend due to family getting together due to visiting family from Peru, so I'm stuck on my laptop for a bit.

Not -horrible- mind you, but still, it's kinda annoying, since a lot of the software I like to play with (like, say, the graphics demanding crap I wanted to get said upgrades -for-) is there.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

No matter how good the reasons and how justified it may be, people dropping from games sucks.  Games always lose a little something when a member leaves.
<Afina> Forever.

DY

It's a really nice day outside today, 70 degree weather. Too bad I had to spend 4 hours of it stuck in a classroom with no windows taking an exam. Not only that, I have another four hour class to go to today. Whee...-_-
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Asrana

Suspect my father is relapsing (alcohol), must talk self into confrontation over fears that confrontation will sew distrust.

Must not talk self out of it, must not overreact.

Sigh.
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Asrana

Dad relapsed, not entirely sure how long. Can't let anyone in the family in on it. Here's to hoping salvage goes optimistically.
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Today is really stressful.  I'm in charge of a series of large updates that have roughly a 45 percent chance of going off cleanly and a deadline of 1.5 hours.  It's not fun :(
Well, Goodbye.