There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

I'm sneezy and got six hours till plane time.  Man, who failed to invent the teleporter already?
Well, Goodbye.

KLSymph

I waited an extra seven hours at airport. For a three hour flight. Teleporter would have been appreciated here too.

Dracos

The irc app I use at work got banned as part of a moderate crackdown on fun at work :(
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

I feel like shit. Think I caught what my mom has. My joints hurt like crap too.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

That sounds terrible.  Rest up and I hope you feel better.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Jon

in today's awesome news, I've been laid off. the scummy "here's two weeks severance, do you need a box for your stuff, let me walk you to the door" kind of laid off.

Currently weighing my options between sticking it out in SF, or moving north to Vancouver like I'd planned to do in December.

Dracos

That sucks.

Today I spent 1 hour on my work and 7 hours on people being broken.  Yay. :(
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Work has driven me from energized and motivated into frustrated wrath.  After a day of pretty much entirely dealing with the floor being moved out from the code I was trying to solidify and check in so I could move on with my project, I was subjected to an hour of manager speak that I don't really trust followed by a task with a deadline of that night.  A task that'd only been mentioned once the night before with no stated deadline.  I chat with my producer "You're not really expecting this, right?" "Of course, I want your next 3 months laid out."

Fucking assholes.  :(
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

My cat is starting to have seizures. Fuck.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Jon

Quote from: Dracos on January 22, 2010, 11:58:34 PM
Work has driven me from energized and motivated into frustrated wrath.  After a day of pretty much entirely dealing with the floor being moved out from the code I was trying to solidify and check in so I could move on with my project, I was subjected to an hour of manager speak that I don't really trust followed by a task with a deadline of that night.  A task that'd only been mentioned once the night before with no stated deadline.  I chat with my producer "You're not really expecting this, right?" "Of course, I want your next 3 months laid out."

Fucking assholes.  :(

Time to start looking around.

Asrana

My Religions of East Asia course reader belongs in some lich's dusty library of massive tomes.
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Dracos

Crunch is bad. @_@

also, a variety of games ending is also sad.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

USPS is a piece of shit. Remind me to never use them again, and just use fedex or ups. My application to grad school is somehow lost somewhere in Houston despite my having it certified and with return receipt. How the fuck? It's like...two hours into downtown at worst assuming heavy traffic, but it's been almost a week since I mailed it.

Thankfully, I had asked for a second copy of an official transcript from my old school, and everything else is a document I can print myself, but now I'm probably going to have to pay next day delivery or something to get it in before deadline next week.

...Or maybe I should just drive to the school and deliver it in person. I'm very much considering doing this tomorrow. At the very least, if I do it, I can guarantee no fuckups.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.