News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edward

Quote from: Anastasia on January 07, 2011, 04:31:45 AM
Stumbling back from the bathroom half asleep, ready to go back to bed? It's the perfect time to slip, trip and jackknife yourself into the head of your bed. The hard, nasty, painful end.

The pastor of my church can unfortunately beat you at that. Stumbling in the bathroom half-asleep because he was suffering from food poisoning, he tripped and fell. One foot caught behind the toilet, resulting in a spiral fracture of the ankle. His head hit in a way that resulted in a bruised spinal column. The doctors aren't sure how he managed to avoid becoming a quadrapeligic.
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

thepanda

Quote from: Anastasia on January 01, 2011, 02:18:52 AM
Random one off: Am I the only one who finds 'Ranma goes to college' fics to be inherently stupid? I just can't see him there.

I could see him in a dorm full of Rumic World-style characters, I just can't figure out what he'd major in.

Anastasia

Quote from: Edward on January 09, 2011, 10:20:37 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on January 07, 2011, 04:31:45 AM
Stumbling back from the bathroom half asleep, ready to go back to bed? It's the perfect time to slip, trip and jackknife yourself into the head of your bed. The hard, nasty, painful end.

The pastor of my church can unfortunately beat you at that. Stumbling in the bathroom half-asleep because he was suffering from food poisoning, he tripped and fell. One foot caught behind the toilet, resulting in a spiral fracture of the ankle. His head hit in a way that resulted in a bruised spinal column. The doctors aren't sure how he managed to avoid becoming a quadrapeligic.

Good Lord. That's both terrifying and a small miracle rolled up together.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

There are days where all you can do is to fight, fight, fight and fight some more. There is a miserable sub-sect of those days where all that fighting is in vain, failure is determined to catch up to you with a furious vengeance.  I hate those days.
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

So, it turns out that my basis for understanding one of the character dynamics in the Haruhi universe was wrong....

And thus, the premise for K:BDH is also flawed.

God DAMN it.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Jon

Quote from: Brian on January 14, 2011, 03:20:20 PM
So, it turns out that my basis for understanding one of the character dynamics in the Haruhi universe was wrong....

And thus, the premise for K:BDH is also flawed.

God DAMN it.

Folks seem to like it anyway, and I'm looking forward to reading it once I finish the prerequisites. I hope this doesn't ruin the story for you.

Dracos

It turns out Ranma is a villian according to this source.  Almost all fanfiction I've read is apparently flawed.  The enjoyment garnered is now invalidated.  I have to pay back the created enjoyment debt. ;_;

Wait?  Have...Fun?
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Quote from: Anastasia on January 14, 2011, 03:32:39 PM
How bad are we talking here?
It's fixable, but I'd wanted to let the series sit on hold for a bit, and now I feel obligated to repair the error even though I was going to take a break....

Bah.

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Quote from: Brian on January 14, 2011, 09:52:43 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on January 14, 2011, 03:32:39 PM
How bad are we talking here?
It's fixable, but I'd wanted to let the series sit on hold for a bit, and now I feel obligated to repair the error even though I was going to take a break....

Bah.

Eh, why not let it ride? Just add an AN at some point explaining what happened. I mean, it wasn't something you could know until now, was it? If it's a good fic people will be willing to accept that.
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

Quote from: Anastasia on January 14, 2011, 11:56:35 PM
Eh, why not let it ride? Just add an AN at some point explaining what happened. I mean, it wasn't something you could know until now, was it? If it's a good fic people will be willing to accept that.
Tempting.  I'll sleep on it.

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Cool, lemme know what you decide. I'm curious now.
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

Right, so ... gonna go with correcting the technical detail and pretending the interpretation was otherwise correct.  Really, that seems to work. >_>;;

A little bit of alternate character interpretation, but then, I kind of already do that for everyone else in the cast anyway.

~exploding tag~

Merc

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

I'm burned out on work and I need a vacation, but I won't be able to take a vacation for a month at the earliest.
<Afina> Forever.