News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

I spent most of yesterday on IIS configuration issues.  It seemed the machine had an extra ASP.net install on it that was conflicting with the other ASP.net installs, overriding the settings but not appearing in the IIS manager as an installed/registered set of dlls.  So hate.

Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Self-imposed avoidance of all book 10/11 spoilers for Haruhi until I can get my grubby paws on at least a fantranslation....

...failed.

An eager K:BDH fan e-mailed me asking what I thought of some things, and one massive spoiler got through my defenses.

Damnit.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Brian

Well:

The bigger one is about the new character.  It turns out that
Spoiler: ShowHide
the new girl is not a slider, like we originally though, she's a fragment of Haruhi that was created to help Kyon and Yuki with some things.  She doesn't really slide, she just happens to be able to travel between the two instances of the one world that she split (and eventually, her job is supposed to be to tie them back together).
  So oops.

Hilariously, that didn't actually bother me, as I was expecting to be Jossed (though not to that degree).  What really got me was the casual question:
Spoiler: ShowHide
"What about the fact that Fujiwara calls Mikuru 'Mikuru-onee'?"

...damnit. >_<

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Ouch.

Nothing like spoilers. >_< By the way, how's the theory of Kyon being God holding up?
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

Gaining strength by the page.  Every girl in the series with powers whatsoever gravitates towards him, if not directly, then through his aquaintences.

I'm pretty sure that the best we'll get on that one in canon is a Shrug of God, but it does seem that the author is going out of his way to avoid Jossing it.

I actually find myself really appreciating that, though.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

spammers still get on the boards.

They don't manage to post, but seriously, I really don't know what more I can do aside from hand scribing my own registration prompts.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Could you code up something unique? It doesn't even have to be big, just something unusual that a typical spammer isn't going to get past. After all, it's just a small forum and I doubt it gets any real manpower hours dedicated to cracking it. This shit is all automated, maybe you can find a hole with some luck?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

So, I was supposed to go on a one day trip to get the last of my stuff from my old base. We did space reserve/blocked seats on flights to make it happen.

But, the flight got delayed twice, canceled once, changed once, and held on the runway. Then, we couldn't even land where we were supposed to and wound up, quite literally, on the opposite side of Afghanistan because of weather.

What was supposed to be a one day trip turned into a three day tour of Afghanistan.

FML.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Brian

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 02, 2011, 09:56:42 AMWhat was supposed to be a one day trip turned into a three day tour of Afghanistan.
I'm begining to think that our friend Iddy may need an exorcism.

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

I'm trying to end my vacation by getting sick. Argh.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

mmm, talking with other coders is constantly resulting in additional work that does not actually ensure a better end result.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

The moment I go to make a Looming post, my stomach goes sour. Cue long bathroom sidequest. The curse strikes again.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

Must admit, I'm getting terrified about the last two exams. They're on wed/thur and I feel crazy unprepared for them.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up