News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Quote from: Carthrat on July 25, 2011, 06:23:20 PMI feel compelled to ask; why do you keep reading the fic you know will hurt you?
Mostly because he keeps begging me.  Really, really begging.

I think ... part of it is his horror at realizing he's an unintentional agent of angst (he seems to _really_ want his story to be happier than it is), and he's constantly trying to 'fix' things and earn my approval (though, what we write is so different, I can't imagine why my input is valuable to him).  It's kind of like watching Akane Tendo fix someone else's cooking mistake.  Wrong, incredibly dangerous, but much like flame, hypnotic to watch ... and ... you kind of wonder what would happen if you were to toss P-chan in there....

I've gone past apathy and into mild anger, though.  Let's see if he can _really_ piss me off and generate one of the good-old-days level flames, eh? :D
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Live the flaming dream!

I figured it was battered wife syndrome rather than him begging you, but whatever works.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

Quote from: Anastasia on July 25, 2011, 07:15:32 PMI figured it was battered wife syndrome rather than him begging you, but whatever works.
You say that _after_ I resisted the rant about how in a forum founded on (among other things), fanfiction, I'm probably the last active writer we have left? ;_;

You guys all grew up and moved on.

This is all I have left.

That's something to bitch about, I guess. :\

~exploding tag~

Jon

I want to write! I just suck at it. ;_;

Anastasia

Quote from: Brian on July 25, 2011, 07:24:00 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on July 25, 2011, 07:15:32 PMI figured it was battered wife syndrome rather than him begging you, but whatever works.
You say that _after_ I resisted the rant about how in a forum founded on (among other things), fanfiction, I'm probably the last active writer we have left? ;_;

This is all I have left.

I didn't stop writing. I merely found a different way to indulge my inner writer. RPing is awesome for it! When it clicks, it's like a collaborative project that's going great.
<Afina> Forever.

Kt3

Quote from: Yuthirin on July 25, 2011, 12:53:51 PM
Hahaha welcome back, then? :D

Sadly, I leave for Basic in a week, so... I can't exactly stick around.
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Anastasia

Quote from: Kt3 on July 26, 2011, 01:56:50 AM
Quote from: Yuthirin on July 25, 2011, 12:53:51 PM
Hahaha welcome back, then? :D

Sadly, I leave for Basic in a week, so... I can't exactly stick around.

Oooh, good luck! What branch?
<Afina> Forever.

Kt3

Army National Guard.  MOS is 25N.

I needed a sane way to pay off my student loans, and getting a normal job didn't look like it was going to be happening anytime soon, so...

Right now I'm realizing just how much useless crap I've had lying around my room.  It never seems like much but it builds up over the years when you're not looking.
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Olvelsper

Quote from: Brian on July 25, 2011, 07:24:00 PM

This is all I have left.

I write. It's just that I seem to write completely outside your fandoms.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.

Dracos

>_>
<_<

I don't write at all.

*goes back to writing side stories for Looming*

Not one bit.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Diaherra, not so fun.

Weird, I've only eaten salad today pretty much.  You'd think that'd be easy.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Roughage (salad leaves) are among the most difficult things for your stomach to handle.  Especially with nothing else in there.

Here's a link that explains why it goes through you without being digested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roughage

You can slow your digestion down by eating something before the salad, or (as I do) eating a teaspoon of vinegar before your meal.  Of course ... some parts can't be digested anyway. :)

(Edit: Lawl, wrong link.)

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Today, I pretty much had a 'Come ask for help' sign.

Even when I put up a "Do Not Bother Me, Shit Needs To Get Done" they formed a line inside my cube.  Seriously. -_-' 
Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin

Today, I was like King Midas, only everything I touched turned to shit. Seriously, I broke everything I touched. A computer. A printer. A desk. A letter opener. A trophy my sister won YESTERDAY.

Son of a BITCH.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

You're ice cold today. Go to bed early and try again tomorrow.
<Afina> Forever.