News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Okay, guys, this should make you feel better:

The first fanfic of any sort I ever read (discounting the Star Was franchise) ... was DnR.  Daisekei no Ranma -- Ranma goes to college.  As the very first fic I ever read, I thought it was _brilliant_.

Then I read other stuff, a few years later, and tried to remember ... what ... was good about that fic?
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

It wasn't that it was really good, it was just that...there wasn't as much out there, so...wait. Why did I read it?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

thepanda

Quote from: Yuthirin on August 15, 2011, 03:22:09 PM
It wasn't that it was really good, it was just that...there wasn't as much out there, so...wait. Why did I read it?
If you're like me you stumbled upon an awesome lemon series for the first time, the computer crashed, and you ended up there while trying to find that site again.

Anastasia

It's like when the house is empty 'cept for a box of Corn Flakes. So you grab the box and start munching. A few hours pass and you realize you've eaten the entire damn box!  You don't even really like Corn Flakes, you'd rather have a pizza or something. But it's all you had handyl.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

On a related note, I want Red Baron pizza, but I don't have any, and I don't want to go to the store to buy it because I'm cheap.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

thepanda

Quote from: Anastasia on August 15, 2011, 03:33:33 PM
It's like when the house is empty 'cept for a box of Corn Flakes. So you grab the box and start munching. A few hours pass and you realize you've eaten the entire damn box!  You don't even really like Corn Flakes, you'd rather have a pizza or something. But it's all you had handyl.
But how would you explain Jim Bader?

Yuthirin

Anastasia

No, that's when you have a 24 case of Natty Ice at home and nothing else.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Good god, I wouldn't drink that stuff if I was dying of thirst.

Anastasia

That's Jim Bader for you, ladies and gentlemen.
<Afina> Forever.

thepanda

I don't drink so am I to assume Natty Ice tastes like it sounds?

Brian

I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

thepanda

Oh. I learn something new every day.

Yuthirin

Natty Ice, or Natural Ice, is a sub-sub-sub premium beer. You can pick up a case of it for under $3 in some places.

Anastasia

It's for college students. That really says it all.
<Afina> Forever.