News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Quote from: Anastasia on October 08, 2011, 01:05:30 AMYou really need to get a better job, preferably one that doesn't have people shoot at you.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Iron Dragoon

It wouldn't be so bad if I could shoot back.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Arakawa

This Thanksgiving weekend, I suddenly discover that I have become mildly allergic to turkey.

:-(
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

thepanda

I keep finding fics that start out well enough but I just can't be bothered to finish.

Brian

Aweh?  How did that happen?  No tolerance for tryptophan?

~exploding tag~

Brian

Ugh.  She lied her way out of rehab.  Supposedly on accident.

They put her back on Ativan, which means we get (effectively) another week of detox with no hope of improvement.

Yay memory issues and screaming. ;_;

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Arakawa

Quote from: Brian on October 09, 2011, 12:06:45 AM
Aweh?  How did that happen?  No tolerance for tryptophan?

Dunno. Walked into a house. The ostensibly delicious smell of freshly cooked turkey is everywhere.

Suddenly I'm looking for a room without OH GOD THE TURKEY IT'S EVERYWHERE MAKE IT STOP. It's just on the level of "moderately irritated by its existence". I'm able to eat it without particular ill effects, averting the crisis of sitting out a Thanksgiving dinner. Or, I dunno, it might be screwing with my immune system to cause me to catch a cold during the subsequent week...

Similar "allergies" do I possess to chocolate (makes me sneeze 100% without fail, it's actually somewhat comical to watch) and quinoa (just don't ask, but thankfully it doesn't smell as much).

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Iron Dragoon

Alright. So. Today, I moved from dealing with finance to dealing with the database.

It hasn't been updated or maintained in over four months. I've used timesheets as accountability formats to bounce the information off of.

I started at 8 am. It is now 3 pm. All I have accomplished is grouping the timesheets/Points Of Contacts together properly. Alphabetizing them, and verifying and correcting the information for only *two* POCs.

Fuck.
My.
Life.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

sarsaparilla

Poe's Law isn't a laughing matter when it comes around and bites you in the ankle like a rabid hobbit....

A while ago I got rather upset by a fic that (apparently unintentionally) turned the characters into abhorrent caricatures of themselves. I handled the issue by writing a parody where the squick was turned up to eleven in an anvilicious manner, producing the most offensive effect I could think of.

Now ... I have squeeing fans who want to see more of the same.

Face, meet palm. Palm, face.

The Aesop: the next time when you feel like parodying bad fic ... just don't.

Arakawa

Quote from: sarsaparilla on October 09, 2011, 09:12:41 AM
Poe's Law isn't a laughing matter when it comes around and bites you in the ankle like a rabid hobbit....

The fanfics list of the "CONTINUE PLEEEEASE" guy/girl/person on your reviews page shows... a fairly amusing pattern. (Generally: genderbending and boys whose behaviour makes you want to throw up.) Judging by a sampling of their favourite stories, you now have the dubious honour of a parody that is more competently written than most of the source material.

---

(from Wm. Blake)

Brian

~exploding tag~

Jon

My flight is delayed due to weather. So far, only 30 minutes, but still annoying.

Brian

Incidentally, do you need a ride from the airport again?

~exploding tag~