News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

The fight actually was only delayed by six minutes! I made my shuttle! Everything is pretty okay!

Dracos

Man, my side is killing me.  Wonder what the heck I did to it.  Pain medicine go @_@
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

3 bean chili is trying to kill me. Ooow.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

Man.  Are we just getting older in general?  Should we start looking into an SR hospital/retirement community?

"In my day, we did CHARGEN with 3d6, assigned as rolled -- and we liked it!"
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Man, why did I put my points all in int?  Con is where it's at.  Con~!
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Subjective/Opinion tests are bullshit. You lose points on just about anything and can't really argue the points. Well, at least when the teacher is bullheaded stubborn. Which he is in this case. And after the exam he says 'I don't curve, as a warning but if you did badly, if I think you understand the material you can still get an A. If I don't you'll likely get a B'. So even the final grade is going to be subjective/opiniom bullcrap. =/
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

thepanda

That's why they say 'learn your teacher'.

Brian

Quote from: sarsaparilla on October 09, 2011, 09:12:41 AMNow ... I have squeeing fans who want to see more of the same.

Face, meet palm. Palm, face.

The Aesop: the next time when you feel like parodying bad fic ... just don't.
That guy was inspired to write something of his own.

Uh, only click that link if you're feeling Bile Fascination.  While I'd say it wasn't quite as bad as the origin point for this, it's....  Yeah, I feel dirty for reading that.  Not sure what's worse; the content ... or the grammar/spelling/premise.

Hoog.  I don't think you should feel too bad about someone taking it the wrong way, anyway -- it's their prerogative to be unable to figure it out, or so ... (can't think of a neutral word, and don't really want to for this situation:) messed up that they don't understand what's wrong in the first place.  Realistically, it could be argued to go the other way with regards to the idea being parodied.

But then, like I said -- that happens rather frequently.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Haven't you had a set of those, Brian?
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Several, yes.

Though I suppose it has been a few years.

~exploding tag~

sarsaparilla

Quote from: Brian on October 10, 2011, 06:03:25 PMUh, only click that link if you're feeling Bile Fascination.  While I'd say it wasn't quite as bad as the origin point for this, it's....  Yeah, I feel dirty for reading that.  Not sure what's worse; the content ... or the grammar/spelling/premise.

Oh well, 'dirty' is indeed the executive word here ... the fact that I could read the fic in a detached and calm manner means either that I have successfully externalized and sealed away that particular squick, or that the fic doesn't rise to the minimal level of competence required for taking it seriously. Or both. Whatever, I intend to industriously avoid finding out. =_=

It's a learning experience all right.

thepanda

Went from work, to taking my dad to his double knee surgery at 5 in the morning, to being stuck at the hospital until 1230pm where I couldn't sleep. I'm so freaking tired right now, but now that I'm home I'm wide awake.

And I have to go back to work tonight.

Anastasia

You sound super-screwed. Condolences. Can you call out from work?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

thepanda

Merc

*pats Panda* good luck, hope you can at least leave early or something. And that your dad's surgery went well, of course.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.