News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

More than a bit. He REALLY LIKES doing it, too.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Sounds like a gem. Does he verbally abuse her in more than one way?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

VySaika

Quote from: Yuthirin on October 20, 2011, 10:48:03 PM
Next time she doesn't show up, bill her for time and travel.

Your time is just as valuable as hers. If you didn't show up for your appointment, would she still charge you?

Man, if we even tried that we'd stop being able to take the kid to her at all. We're paying for this ENTIRELY through insurance, there's not even a co-pay. So...yeah, we're in the Beggers/Choosers situation here. Doesn't make it right that we're getting jerked around like this, but it sure as hell does mean we don't have a choice but to put up with it or not get him therapy.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Brian

Reminds me of a conversation I had with my brother about his roommate's boyfriend several years ago....

Brother: "Yeah, the guy she's dating now is a total loser."
Me: "Oh?  How can you tell?"
Brother: *eyeing me side-long, tapping his nose* "We can smell our own."

Quote from: Gatewalker on October 20, 2011, 11:17:08 PMMan, if we even tried that we'd stop being able to take the kid to her at all. We're paying for this ENTIRELY through insurance, there's not even a co-pay. So...yeah, we're in the Beggers/Choosers situation here. Doesn't make it right that we're getting jerked around like this, but it sure as hell does mean we don't have a choice but to put up with it or not get him therapy.
Uh ... contact the insurance company, explain you need a different therapist -- any therapist?  I know you're doing the best you can, but the insurance company does have a legal obligation to try and help you out (within certain bounds), even if your assigned therapist is useless.

Also, look online for reviews on this person (if possible).  If there's more than just you having bad experiences, the less direct route is to get that person out of that job -- or under enough scrutiny that they do their job right.  Not _fun_, but....  :\
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on October 20, 2011, 11:09:45 PM

Just your basic fat, stupid, ugly, etc. stuff. The guy's a real asshole, and she's seriously the hottest & sweetest girl any of us know.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

Quote from: Yuthirin on October 20, 2011, 11:32:29 PMJust your basic fat, stupid, ugly, etc. stuff. The guy's a real asshole, and she's seriously the hottest & sweetest girl any of us know.

Play her this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fz3zFqLc3E&ob=av3n

~exploding tag~

Merc

Nice song, but...Wouldn't that song encourage her to marry the guy?
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

Brian

Quote from: Merc on October 20, 2011, 11:46:22 PMNice song, but...Wouldn't that song encourage her to marry the guy?

...maybe.  But I suspect that not much will discourage her, either.

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on October 20, 2011, 11:32:29 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on October 20, 2011, 11:09:45 PM

Just your basic fat, stupid, ugly, etc. stuff. The guy's a real asshole, and she's seriously the hottest & sweetest girl any of us know.

You could try an intervention, but those usually don't work. Can't make someone stop loving someone, no matter how horrible they are.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Ultimately, while I think she's making a huge mistake, it's her life. Not mine.

Dracos

If someone is at the 'Planning a wedding' phase, it's long past appropriate intervene time.   Yuth got the right idea above.  Her life, not his.
Well, Goodbye.

Jon

Tomorrow I go apartment hunting. True, I wanted to get up into SF again anyway, but it's still an annoying prospect.

Merc

I have never hated a class of mine as much as I hate this classical-statistical thermodynamics class.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Jon

Looking into selling my car, and the blue book value is $800 less than what I owe on it. Shit.

(I paid sales tax when I bought the car, of course. And I paid $1500 so it'd keep the manufacturer warranty. Which is transferable, but I dunno how valuable that is to another private-party buyer.)