News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinom Bre

Ah. Exes. Nothing like 'em. =)
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Arakawa

I... seem to have slipped into the role of forum yandere.

This is something I need to seriously ponder.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Brian

Or it could just be me.

Thankfully, there are cooler, more rational minds to have discussion with than I.

Quote from: Sinom Bre on October 30, 2011, 11:53:05 AMAh. Exes. Nothing like 'em. =)

And how thankful am I for that! >.>
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Quote from: Ebiris on October 30, 2011, 08:34:12 AM
Am I missing something? You ask if you need a tag to park someplace, so I presume you don't have one? Then a person confirms you need said tag and later you're surprised the car has been towed? Unless "Yeah, sure," was interpreted as "No, it's cool," it doesn't really make sense.

I wrote it unclearly, but basically I was told I didn't need a visitor tag.  I asked again because I'm used to these places needing one and was confirmed "Yeah, it's fine, you don't need one".

So yes, it was a surprise when I walked outside and found my car missing.
Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

Quote from: Brian on October 30, 2011, 04:10:02 PM
Or it could just be me.

Thankfully, there are cooler, more rational minds to have discussion with than I.

Frankly, the "cognitive gap" between us, as you put it, is something I keep trying to figure out. (Why I regard Kyon as unsympathetic in 'Sigh' as well as Haruhi is a long discussion which neither of us are probably in the mood for at the moment.) I hope I do figure it out eventually, since ceasing communication is an unpleasant outcome, and this pattern of constant faux pas on my part is completely unsustainable.

Anyhow, I'm posting one final (brief) comment on the "Sympathy" thread, and I'm going to cool down from C&Cing your stuff for a while.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Brian

Quote from: Arakawa Seijio on October 30, 2011, 05:04:53 PMWhy I regard Kyon as unsympathetic in 'Sigh' as well as Haruhi is a long discussion which neither of us are probably in the mood for at the moment.

Disagree; we both agree that they were unsympathetic (if you're stating that, versus, "Kyon was the unsympathetic one, of the pair").  I can't find it exactly, but I think I compared it to some moments in the Ranma manga as 'a great opportunity for no one to shine'. >_<

Unsatisfying, but sadly true-to-life.  Anyway.  Kyon could have handled it better, so I find him most sympathetic there on account of his intent to effect positive change (get Haruhi to stop treating Mikuru) but not wholly sympathetic, because violence is not the best answer (though, being honest, I don't know that Koizumi would have let Kyon accomplish much there anyway).

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

The Redskins really really really suck. That is all.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Jason_Miao

Quote from: Arakawa Seijio on October 30, 2011, 04:07:53 PM
So, when do you plan to assassinate Dracos?

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Jason_Miao on October 30, 2011, 09:13:00 PM
Quote from: Arakawa Seijio on October 30, 2011, 04:07:53 PM
So, when do you plan to assassinate Dracos?
No, no, assassinate Jason first. He works in some kind of law office or other. ... Meow. =)

"No lawyers?! Where would be without lawyers?! You can't have good government without lawyers! They go together like a pig and its parasites!"
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Jason_Miao

Quote from: Sinom Bre on October 30, 2011, 10:43:36 PM
No, no, assassinate Jason first. He works in some kind of law office or other. ... Meow. =)

Meow. :)

And I work for the government.  I'm just naturally helpful like that.

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Jason_Miao on October 30, 2011, 11:34:19 PM
Quote from: Sinom Bre on October 30, 2011, 10:43:36 PM

Meow. :)

And I work for the government.  I'm just naturally helpful like that.
Considering you use Kyuubey for an icon, I am very frightened of your brand of help. =)

Brian

Kyubei: "Why don't you just..."
*puts on expensive lawyer shades*
Kyubei: "...deal."

~exploding tag~

Jason_Miao

Don't be frightened.  I'm merely from a magical girl creation agency, and I'm here to help.  Nothing to lose your head over.

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Jason_Miao on October 31, 2011, 01:26:37 AM
Don't be frightened.  I'm merely from a magical girl creation agency, and I'm here to help.  Nothing to lose your head over.
BRRRRR!! My name is Dave; not Mami!

Brian

This new work schedule is unfun.  I'm basically working 24/7 from now until January, with time off for holidays.  Luckily, I can sleep any time I've got an extended automated test block, but still.

*sigh*

I've been trying to ignore something for a little over three weeks now, and it's just not going away.  So, evidently, despite all of my better efforts, I've become infatuated with someone.

Stupid, useless feelings.  Why can't I have a debug menu with the option to disable 'become enamored'?  What a useless sensation.

So depressing. -_-

~exploding tag~