News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on November 01, 2011, 06:26:49 AM
Woke up to some sort of insect (didn't take the time to look at it) the size of a quarter crawling its way down my sleeping bag today.

Yay Afghanistan.
* Sinom Bre ships Iddy a case of bug spray.
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Kt3

Hey.  I'm seriously considering Afghanistan myself.

Anyway, I'm trying to put up with all the crap that AIT gives, particularly being in Ft. Gordon (#1 in STIs in the Army, woo!) and all the fun that stems from being there.  I just got here not too long ago, so I'm not given all sorts of nice benefits just yet, I have to earn them.  Couple that in with all sorts of forms I have to fill out for Christmastime and Thanksgiving, having the night schedule for classes (which also means that the sergeants in charge feel obligated to absolutely dump all over you all in the name of making you a better soldier), and getting everything absolutely perfect so I *can* phase up...

I'm tired.  And that's putting it lightly.  I don't even like most of the people in my class.  Nor the teachers.

It would be okay if I had my music, but because of an error on my part (ordering a 2.5" enclosure instead of 3.5") it'll take like another week or two to get to me.  And that sucks.  Hard.
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Kt3 on November 02, 2011, 01:56:05 AM
Hey.  I'm seriously considering Afghanistan myself.

Anyway, I'm trying to put up with all the crap that AIT gives, particularly being in Ft. Gordon (#1 in STIs in the Army, woo!) and all the fun that stems from being there.  I just got here not too long ago, so I'm not given all sorts of nice benefits just yet, I have to earn them.  Couple that in with all sorts of forms I have to fill out for Christmastime and Thanksgiving, having the night schedule for classes (which also means that the sergeants in charge feel obligated to absolutely dump all over you all in the name of making you a better soldier), and getting everything absolutely perfect so I *can* phase up...

I'm tired.  And that's putting it lightly.  I don't even like most of the people in my class.  Nor the teachers.

It would be okay if I had my music, but because of an error on my part (ordering a 2.5" enclosure instead of 3.5") it'll take like another week or two to get to me.  And that sucks.  Hard.

Welcome to four years of my life. At least you're in the Army where you get a bit of slack. The Marines have no such luxury. Music? In MOS training? ahahahhahahaha. Yeah, no. For us, MOS training is the same as boot camp, except you get to wear rank for it.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Iron Dragoon

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff-

So. Just got a new desktop in the office for our local national assistant. Got it all hooked up, double checked all of the connections, and plugged it in.

But. Forgot to check one thing.

Power supply. Set at 115V. Power on this base? 230. Fried the fucker.

FFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffff-

Brian

Uuurg. >_<

How bad a setback is that?
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Iron Dragoon

Brian

That's what I was afraid of. :x

Condolences, Iddy.  I hate when that happens. :(

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Nothing like waking up in the morning, stretching and enjoying the sunshine! That is, before you rush to the bathroom to be stomach sick for a half hour. Ugh.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

I didn't particularly want to be at work today, anyway, but I've run between the third floor (my desk) and the sixth (the lab) 18 times so far, trying to install a stupid windows box, just to run some obscure Hitachi HDD tool.

So, my W2kserver install can't use the onboard (or any attached) ethernet--  Annoyance.

The HDD tool (that exists only to update firmware) CANNOT RUN WITHOUT .NET 2.0 installed.  WTF?

Trying to install .NET ... auto-detects my desk computer (64-bit), copy installer to USB keyfob, run to Windows system (64-bit)....

...why would it give me the 32-bit installer?!

Another wasted hour.  Starting to develop a real dislike for Hitachi.

Edit: Aaaand the Elements crash I just had ate 4k of the fanfic I wrote during progress bars!  I've crossed the line from 'upset' to 'indifferent'.  Just too much. @_@  Oh, well; at least I can look at things from a totally detatched PoV now.

~exploding tag~

Kt3

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on November 03, 2011, 07:16:30 AM
Welcome to four years of my life. At least you're in the Army where you get a bit of slack. The Marines have no such luxury. Music? In MOS training? ahahahhahahaha. Yeah, no. For us, MOS training is the same as boot camp, except you get to wear rank for it.

Hah.  I have a friend who entered into boot camp about the same time I entered Basic.  He was hella jealous of all the nice things I got that he didn't have.

Then again, I wish we didn't get most of the nice things we got.  Our platoon definitely didn't deserve it, and I'm pretty damn sure most of them didn't learn their lesson.  Oh well.

In regards to music though, I don't think I'd get as much privileges here at Ft. Gordon if I weren't here for 24 weeks for MOS training.  And that's with going immediately into classes (which doesn't happen often apparently).  If it were another 4 weeks or someshit like they do for infantry then I could roll with it, but 24?  Hell no.
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Kt3 on November 06, 2011, 12:59:17 AM
Hah.  I have a friend who entered into boot camp about the same time I entered Basic.  He was hella jealous of all the nice things I got that he didn't have.

Then again, I wish we didn't get most of the nice things we got.  Our platoon definitely didn't deserve it, and I'm pretty damn sure most of them didn't learn their lesson.  Oh well.

In regards to music though, I don't think I'd get as much privileges here at Ft. Gordon if I weren't here for 24 weeks for MOS training.  And that's with going immediately into classes (which doesn't happen often apparently).  If it were another 4 weeks or someshit like they do for infantry then I could roll with it, but 24?  Hell no.

In the Marines, Infantry goes to boot camp for 12 weeks. Then they go to Infantry school for an additional 12 weeks. 4 weeks? Pft. I'd laugh and sleep through it. =p

Sinom Bre

Okay, Iddy. We get it. You're a badass. =p

By the by, any more fun bugs crawl into your shorts lately? ^_~
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Sinom Bre on November 06, 2011, 02:48:27 AM
Okay, Iddy. We get it. You're a badass. =p

By the by, any more fun bugs crawl into your shorts lately? ^_~

It's not a matter of being a badass. It's a matter of the Marines being better than the Army =)

As for bugs, yes. Yes there have been. I am less concerned about them than I am about the rockets and car bombs, though =)

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on November 06, 2011, 03:02:26 AM
It's not a matter of being a badass. It's a matter of the Marines being better than the Army =)
Ouch! Thou shalt pulleth no punches! =p

Ooo-rah!!

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on November 06, 2011, 03:02:26 AM
As for bugs, yes. Yes there have been. I am less concerned about them than I am about the rockets and car bombs, though =)
Understandable.

Brian

No caffeine for two weeks starting Monday.

~exploding tag~