News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

More things seem to be missing now that I am investigating in daylight.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

But there are so many good things to steal they didn't.  It's really baffling!

They left a television, and a laptop....

To say nothing of the gaming library!

Edit: I hope you have luck when you file the police report.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Police report filed.  Total damage seems to be just over 750 bucks.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Dracos on December 13, 2011, 11:26:35 PM
Police report filed.  Total damage seems to be just over 750 bucks.

Bummer. Insurance cover it all?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Depends on his deductible. Dunno about homeowner's insurance in CA, but it's likely he's got a $500 deductible and it'll apply. That'll make it barely worth filing the claim, as he'll probably lose any claim-free discount he would otherwise likely have.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Dracos

Yeah, I pulled up and I think I have a 1000 deductable.  At 7-800 in stolen, it won't do anything :(

Looks like they either got my borderlands or LBP2 (and I just misplaced my borderlands somewhere :( ). 

It's painful in a lot of ways, but in a sense, at least the damage is only <800, instead of thousands.  If they'd shattered one of my doors, I'd be screwed, since I couldn't be here to see it properly fixed.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Urgh, I am completely unproductive today.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

Aaaand the e-mail bombing resumes.

*sigh*

* Brian just stops checking his spam folder. -_-

~exploding tag~

sarsaparilla

Quote from: Brian on December 16, 2011, 01:06:54 AM
Aaaand the e-mail bombing resumes.

The perpetrator seems to be bragging about this in the relevant thread on FF.net, by the name 'RL Taro'. I don't know, but shouldn't mailbombing be illegal enough so that something could be done to nail the culprit?

Brian

Probably.  Proving the actual identity of whoever's behind it is the hard part.  And since (from what I can guess) they're using some older ... effectively the same stuff spammers use?  Yeah -- they send the e-mails from other people's compromised systems.  So the people I could actually 'get' probably don't even know it's going on.  And the source keeps changing, too....

Well, if it's going to follow the same pattern as last time.  Gmail's spam filter actually catches all of them; I just used to check my spam to see if any legitimate e-mails had gotten through.  Now it appears I won't. :\

Edit: Hmm, RL Taro.  RL Taro.  'Rebel Leader Taro'?  From Aondehafka's Dream of the Earthbound?  I don't think it's Aondehafka himself (way too nice a guy), but this is probably someone I pissed off long before joining the Haruhi fandom, if that's the connection.  Well, that sure came back to haunt me. >_<

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

Please see my previous advice to you regarding mentally-challenged trolls.

Ignore them, they're not worth your time.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

Am doing.  The real-life trolls, however....

I cursed at an old woman, today.  Not directly, but:

There's a street between two medical complexes that I take to get to work (or the highway, etc.).  Because people jaywalked so often, the city put in a stoplight in the middle of the street (and a crosswalk).  It's not an intersection, just a crosswalk, so pedestrians can wait for the light and cross safely.

Too many times I've seen people ignore it and run across.  That irks me because my 'rules are there for your own safety; they don't work when you ignore them like that' stance.  I get over it.  But today -- today!  Today a woman, 45-50ish, I'm guessing, decided she was going to cross against the light.  Right after I rounded the corner and started down the street I saw her break from the small crowd of law-abiding citizens waiting for the light to change.

She had the temerity to shoot me a dirty look -- but pedestrians have the right of way, so I stopped.  I was pretty pissed, but, I thought, stopping one car, not the biggest deal in the world.  Then I realized that oncoming traffic in the other lane had to stop for her, too -- another dozen cars, all of them stopped at a green light because of this woman's disregard for the law and sense of self importance.

"The light is there for a $%#ing reason!" shouted across the street at her.  So angry at people who are willing to risk their lives to save -- what -- 40 seconds?  Maybe as much as four minutes?  So they can wait at the other doctor's office that much sooner?  Arg--  Just as bad as people who weave through traffic because they're impatient, or don't use turn signals because they're lazy.

I wished a police officer was there to give her a fine for jaywalking.

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

Police issue fines for jaywalking out by you? Nobody does that out here. Hell, you can stand in the middle of Michigan Avenue during rush hour and the cops won't do more than glare at you.

Ebiris

Jon

Brian, Level 10 Archivist, Lawful Good.

Did not expect this.