News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arakawa

My patience with spacebattles ran out when I couldn't find any form of newbie instructions for the fanfiction section, and their search engine was indefinitely disabled due to load issues.

With that and their troubles with the thread-length limit (the one fanfiction I follow on there has had to move to a new thread... twice already to avoid exploding under the sheer amount of Dalek lolcats being crammed into the comments by fans), it's evident that (completely separate from the quality of their community) they're having such severe scaling problems that there's no reason to contribute to them by joining.

And the reviewer guy is a jerk. Really... that's your complaint? That you have this character interpretation that Haruhi=the blind idiot god Azathoth (so, does that mean Yasumi=Nyarlahotep ??), and you don't have the patience to read the fic long enough to determine that the author is not, as a matter of fact, using that exact character interpretation?
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Brian

To be brutally honest, I only read his first few paragraphs of the guy's so-called review (even in the e-mail).  It was all "HATE HATE HATE!  HATE TVTROPES ESPECIALLY!" and I determined it was a waste of time to read further.  Judging by everyone else's comments, this was the correct decision.

I've tossed out a fic on their creative writing forum (Hot Air, as it happens).  I expect equal combinations of vitriol and disdain, but at least I'll be able to say I put in the effort.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Whoever designed the magic items in the epic level handbook needs to be summarily fucking smacked.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Jon

Quote from: Anastasia on December 26, 2011, 02:38:20 AM
Whoever designed the epic level handbook needs to be summarily fucking smacked.

That's more like it.

Dracos

Good adjustment :P

Though dune loves his epic levels.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

My mother is drinking again.

So now the woman is dead to me.

Worst.  Christmas.  Ever.

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

My mom's always looking for new kids, Brian!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

Heck of a commute, though, Yuth. :p

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

Her biscuits & gravy are to die for, though. Especially at 4am.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Dracos

Nothin' wrong with havin' to fly across country to see the family.  Let's them build up charm. :)
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Today's the last day of the holiday season. Boo.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I'm stuck at home for New Years for reasons too long and uninteresting to go into. Boo.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

That moment when you run out of salt.

thepanda

Got a game for a late Christmas present of which I already owned a copy.