News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Only of it was either powered or you left pins behind. Or you manhandled the socket and pulled it loose
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

DY

Yea, I'm afraid I likely manhandled the socket. Because I removed the heatsink and the Cpu came off with it, it was stuck to the thermal paste. Normally, I would be able to remove the heatsink and then the processor by releasing a lever. Did not get the chance to do that.
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Yuthirin

RMA it anyhow. Get a working one. Try again on this motherboard. If it doesn't work, you still have a perfectly good processor to plug into the next board. don't write it off man, those things are expensive.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

DY

Yea they are. Alright, thanks for the help.
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

DY

Ok, so I applied for a RMA and paid for a shipping label. Does anyone know how rigorous Newegg is when inspecting returns? Oh well, what's done is done I guess.

Yuthirin

They're not. I've RMAed several things through them. Very smooth.

DY

Well, that's good to know. Thanks.

Yuthirin

Nearly got arrested by TSA & police at Security, got thrown off a plane for being on the wrong flight, and now the plane I'm supposed to be on is broken. Whee!

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

I have learned that it is very, VERY important to make sure that there are no KNIVES in your carry-on luggage before entering the airport.

Anastasia

I'll take No Fucking Shit for 2,000, Alex.
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

I was going to go with, "where have you been since 9/11/2001?"
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

I thought it was in a drawer underneath my computer monitor.

End of the story: I lost a $70 knife, 30 minutes, and some of my pride.

Brian

Sorry to hear that, Yuth. :(

...though the fine is much smaller than I would have expected -- thanks for that, right?
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on January 18, 2012, 10:06:20 PM
I thought it was in a drawer underneath my computer monitor.

End of the story: I lost a $70 knife, 30 minutes, and some of my pride.

They confiscated the knife?
<Afina> Forever.