News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arakawa

Looking at that picture, it's a fairly good metaphor for a love triangle. 1 and 2 in a stable relationship, wind up colliding head-on with 3. Some messy stuff happens, and 1 runs off with the much more quirky and exciting 3, while 2 is left to plummet into the interstellar void.

Thankfully, the specific three-mind problem I'm facing is, in comparison, a silly and minor thing which should be much easier to deal with.

Physics is a good way to put your problems in perspective ^_^;;
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Anastasia

Wow, I get like none of that in your first post. But hey, if it makes things better for you it's all good.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

Arakawa, people tend to behave at least slightly differently in different company.  As you have your own bonds and connections with various people, don't they also have them with one-another?  I don't think that the parallel is that close....

You're being too hard on yourself again. :)
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Hum.  Somehow this is locked.

Unlocked.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Puzzling.  I'm usually the culprit, but the 'lock' function is nowhere near the reply or quote buttons.

~exploding tag~

Jon

I went 0-3 at the Dark Ascension prerelease event tonight. (Magic the Gathering event.) Bad cards, worse luck.

I also have a suspicion the first guy I was playing may have been cheating. He had two planeswalkers (powerful, ultra-rare cards). He had three packs that could have each had one of those cards, so it's possible he was just very very lucky in which cards his packs had. But for some strange reason he was storing those cards (and only those cards) in a bag identical to the bags the store packages your ordered cards in, when you order them individually. May well have been a coincidence, but it nags at me.

Anastasia

Quote from: Dracos on January 29, 2012, 02:27:51 AM
Hum.  Somehow this is locked.

Unlocked.

Wasn't me, either. Got no idea on this one.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Jon on January 29, 2012, 02:32:07 AM
I went 0-3 at the Dark Ascension prerelease event tonight. (Magic the Gathering event.) Bad cards, worse luck.

I also have a suspicion the first guy I was playing may have been cheating. He had two planeswalkers (powerful, ultra-rare cards). He had three packs that could have each had one of those cards, so it's possible he was just very very lucky in which cards his packs had. But for some strange reason he was storing those cards (and only those cards) in a bag identical to the bags the store packages your ordered cards in, when you order them individually. May well have been a coincidence, but it nags at me.

Eh. I played some Magic back in the day and I've had that happen. Random schmuck draws awesome boosters while you struggle to do anything. Wasn't grounds for anything by itself unless there was another reason to call bullshit. I remember one guy got two Yawgmonth's Will and a Serra Avatar in four boosters. What can ya do, you know?
<Afina> Forever.

KLSymph

Quote from: Jon on January 29, 2012, 02:32:07 AMI also have a suspicion the first guy I was playing may have been cheating. He had two planeswalkers (powerful, ultra-rare cards). He had three packs that could have each had one of those cards, so it's possible he was just very very lucky in which cards his packs had. But for some strange reason he was storing those cards (and only those cards) in a bag identical to the bags the store packages your ordered cards in, when you order them individually. May well have been a coincidence, but it nags at me.

I can't speak to whether the fellow was cheating or not, but getting double Planeswalkers in a draft isn't too impossible. The most improbable thing I've done was open two Akroma, Angel of Fury in row while cracking Planar Chaos boosters.

Even if it doesn't feel fair, try not to let it pull you down too much. After all, you got to go to a prerelease. As long as you had some fun.

Brian

Quote from: Jon on January 29, 2012, 02:32:07 AMI also have a suspicion the first guy I was playing may have been cheating. He had two planeswalkers (powerful, ultra-rare cards).

Vague hate for imbalanced-paying-field games in general.  CCGs with 'rarer' and 'more powerful cards' are either a genius marketing ploy, or a horrifyingly blatant marketing ploy.  Did you at least have fun?

~exploding tag~

Jon

Well, it was sealed limited, not draft. Still, it's possible, and I wouldn't have been suspicious had he not had them in a purchased-card bag. I really dislike non-draft limited, I guess. At this point I'm going to the prereleases mostly out of tradition. (And I was supposed to meet a friend there, but she didn't show.)

(Also I dislike most of the people who play Magic at shops. Please, take a shower before coming.)

KLSymph

Wait, your store has to do Sealed with only three packs? Booster packs? I haven't played Sealed since they stopped making tournament packs for Sealed so I don't know what the procedure is these days, but I'm pretty sure ~45 cards per player is not big enough a card pool to play 40-card Sealed.

Jon

nope, six packs. but it's the release of the second set in the block, so we got three packs of Innistrad and three of Dark Ascension. His planeswalkers were Garruk and Lilliana, so both Innistrad planeswalkers. He'd have to get two planeswalkers out of three packs.

(Silly me, trying to simplify my bitching for the benefit of non-players.)

KLSymph

Oh, whew. I was about to say....

Brian

Woke up with crippling migraine.

~exploding tag~