News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepanda

Minor chemical burns on my left hand. Unpleasant.

Anastasia

Oh hey, Panda. I meant to ask - any luck finding a new job?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Anastasia on February 27, 2012, 07:37:46 PM
Yeah, I was wondering the same.
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Arakawa

I now have a total of six different email addresses which might be considered 'current' and hence a valid place to try to reach me. No, actually seven -- I now remembered another one, though thankfully the reason I forgot about it is because it reliably forwards to my primary email.

Moreover, I now have to sort things out with people who were given one particular address to reach me... quite a while ago and encountered stony silence.

Monumentally awkward.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Brian

Your g-mail account can probably be configured to access your other accounts. >_>

That's what I did. <_<;
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

thepanda

Quote from: Sinom Bre on February 27, 2012, 07:40:53 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on February 27, 2012, 07:37:46 PM
Yeah, I was wondering the same.

None yet, although I take a class for forklift certification tomorrow. That should increase my prospects a lot.

Arakawa

Quote from: Brian on February 27, 2012, 08:23:26 PM
Your g-mail account can probably be configured to access your other accounts. >_>

That's what I did. <_<;

I use a desktop IMAP client. Not too different from what you're suggesting ^_^

I'm honestly surprised said account still exists, let alone that someone was giving it out as a way to reach me.

In fact, one of the things I have to double-check now is whether the Byzantine bureaucracy managing it is going to continue keeping it around, or if it's just in some grey area such that they might delete it without warning if they need to free up some disk space.

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

thepanda

Arakawa

Indeed. Turns out it's hard to beat the Byzantine bureaucracy of the second largest university campus in North America, particularly in terms of its inability to deal with edge cases.

(This was an account created for a temporary gig, and I have a permanent, official account. The person responsible for giving me the temporary gig was the one giving the temporary address out.)

---

(from Wm. Blake)

thepanda

Heh. All my friends had my student account address and then I got locked out of the system when I changed schools way back when. >_>

Dracos

Yeah, I tried generally to avoid ever using my student account as a login.  It always seemed like a bad idea.
Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

On the plus side, I guess the fact that I'm still subscribed to a private grad events newsletter on that account (and that account only; another weird edge case) and I get information on their theory lunches, implies that I'm welcome to schlep up to St. George anytime I have a hankering for free sushi.

I just have to listen, nod, and make sufficiently theoretical noises once in a while <_<

* Arakawa weighs his chances at getting into a PhD program somewhere down the road... say, three to five years? Don't tell the people he's about to start working for.

Oh yes, and in terms of switching jobs, a few months from now my commute is going to suck. Goodbye strategically chosen reliable back-alley bus route + subway to the downtown, hello regular alternation between crosstown traffic jam from hell / crosstown bus from hell (which is also stuck inside crosstown traffic jam from hell), as I get tired of one or the other mode of transport.

I'm on a bitching roll today.

---

(from Wm. Blake)

Brian

Shami's chewed off 2-3 inches of my hair.

Whiskey-tango-foxtrot?  I mean ... seriously!

Guess I'm going to need to sleep with it in a bun, now. >_<

Edit: On the upside, my split-ends are gone. :\

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Huh.  Hope you can train that phase out of him.  Seems like he's going through everything.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Gotta be the feline equivalent of the Terrible Twos.

~exploding tag~